this is the thread that will never die

Comments

• Kerry is a fusty tickle-brained pignut!

• You took the words right out of my mouth.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 11-03-06 AT 08:18AM (CST)[/font][br][br]So I'm doing this (1) because I'm tired of scrolling all the way over
    to the right to see what the last person posted, (2) I wanted to continue the political chatter
    and (3) it's time for a Thursday Funny.

A guy was traveling through Mexico on vacation when, lo and behold, he lost his wallet ...
    ... and all identification. Cutting his trip short, he attempts to make his way home but is
    stopped by the Customs Agent at the border.

"May I see your identification, please?" asks the agent.

"I'm sorry, but I lost my wallet," replies the guy.

"Sure, buddy, I hear that every day. No ID, no
    crossing the border," says the agent.

"But I can prove that I'm an American!" he
    exclaims. "I have a picture of Ronald Reagan
    tattooed on one butt cheek and a picture of George Bush on the other."

"This I gotta see," replies the agent. With
    that, Joe drops his pants and bends over in front of the agent.

"By golly, you're right!" exclaims the agent. "Go on home to New York."

"Thanks!" he says. "But how did you know I was
    from New York?"

The agent replies, "I recognized the picture of
    Hillary Clinton in the middle.

{Rimshot}
  • Great, now we have to scroll back and forth while reading your post.

Are you dissing our beloved Senator? I think she'd make a great senator from TX.
  • Just for you, Ray, I fixed the post.

You know, living in the only blue county in Texas, I'm sure they'd love her here! But we
    have our own problems in the grand old state of Deliverance...oops, I mean Texas.

Happy Friday everyone!!!
  • Yep, the next governor could be a kinky guy.... as in Friedman.
  • Being a native Texan I think the key here is a senator "from" as in get 'em out of the state! Kinky couldn't do any worse than those that have come before him! Watching the mud fly in the MO senate race is just like being back in TX! Good 'ol down home politics!!
  • Your'e babbling Jtrbug... Sorry, I couldnt resist.
  • I have to agree with Jtrbug, being another in the Great State of Missouri... regarding the State Senate race as well as several of the local races. To paraphrase a bit... "the defecation has struck the oscillating mechanism" in most all of them....
  • Ok, 100.

Let's start "The Thread That Never Dies 3". That way we won't have to waste so much time scrolling.

I am leaving on vacation now. I am going to California to see my mommy. Hopefully, there will be tons of postings under #3 when I get back (hint, hint).

Nae
  • Sorry Nae but I have to continue here to reply to
    Paul...that's ok..I've been told I can babble with the best of 'em so you guys must be the best!

And as far as the defication oscillating, we usually just say the fit hit the shan!
  • Sorry Nae - I like getting sea sick when I have to speed scroll to the bottom! x:-)

Hip, hip, hooray!!! It's almost the day after election day! I'm so tired of the negative ads and political pundits (both sides) saying how their party will win. I'm planning on a little after election party for my friends - sugar & spice & everything nice will be my theme! x:-)
  • Nae, this thread may be on life support, but it's still alive.
  • And this will be one case where we overlook the DNR paperwork. We will keep this baby alive, no matter what.
  • Regarding the election.... I will be so glad when the phone stops ringing with recorded ads for (it seems like) eveyone that is running for office and those that are going around the neighborhoods ringing door bells to give you a phamplet in hopes they will vote for their candidate they were even coming around on Sunday evening. I too am looking forward to this election being over.
    By the way as anyone seen the movie "Man of the Year" with Robin Williams. I took my teenage boys to see it and we had a great time afterwards discussing all the goings on in politics. My oldest will get to vote in the next presidential election and he is very excited about being able to do so.
    Guess I can't say to much about them going door to door as I too was out Saturday morning with Boy Scouts doing our best to sell a few boxes of popcorn.

• It's one day before elections and I had 4 pieces of mail FROM THE SAME CANDIDATE in my mailbox.

I will be so glad when this crap is over here in the land of mud-slinging politicos.
    jitrbug - I'm glad you're getting a little taste of home!

BTW - I just spoke to our attorney and they are not granting us license to pull the plug on this thread - animal rights and all that crap. x:P
  • To Paul:
    Did't I see a special mention of Cannon Beach on the Weather Challen over the weekend becasue of all the heavy rain you have been receiving?
  • I wonder if Nae believes in euthanizing old people, too?

Hey, this election is great entertainment. Why in NY we've learned about current politicians who support rape and murder and our state comptroller, who is the state financial watchdog, is being investigated for fraud while running for reelection at the same time.
  • Dutch, yeah I heard that we were on tv a couple of times over the weekend due to weather.

This past weekend was the "Stormy Weather Arts Festival" which features local artists, music, a quick draw competition, etc. All the galleries are open late with food, drinks, and lots of artsy type people.

The weather did not dissapoint.
  • Hey Need..at this point
    in time, I'd be happy
    to sport a "vote Kinky"
    bumper sticker on my car
    for MO politico's.
    I mean, remember Max on
    the city council and he
    actually did a decent job!
    (For those non-TXns - Max
    was a street flower vendor
    on the UT campus who ran
    and won!)

• It wouldn't surprise me after this election to see more Kinky-type people getting elected, especially at the state level. That is, there will be a rise in 3rd party candidates.
  • The Kinkster has plenty of swag on his website - you should check it out!

I don't know if you remember Leslie too - he's a cross-dressing homeless man that runs for Mayor every year. At least Austin can never be called boring.
  • Ah yes...Leslie!
    I actually have
    a picture with
    him,er I mean Leslie
    right there on 6th!
    I had heard Leslie
    moved to another city,
    I even saw an internet
    picture of him, I mean,
    Leslie and the getup
    was even weirder than
    Austin's outfits but I
    can't remember what city
    he, (oops)Leslie went to.
    Keep Austin weird! I was
    down there a couple of
    weeks ago trying to do
    my part!
  • I seem to recall it wasn't long ago that Democrats from up north were putting "Run Hillary" bumper stickers on the read bumber of their cars. Mean-while down south... the good ole boys were putting "Run Hillary" stickers on the front bumpers of their pickups....
    Only in America.. ya just gotta luv this place for all the diversity that have durin' election years.
  • But it's sooo easy when they gives us
    sooo much material to work with!
  • Got out early this morning so my young bride and I could vote. Walked in the building and the line was backed up to the door and back along the two walls inside. Turns out the voting equipment was not working. The only movement in the line was from voters getting upset and leaving without being able to vote. I guess we will now go back and try after work.
    Remember to vote early and often...
  • Dutch, what kind of voting equipment do you use there?
  • I didn't get close enough to actually see it... However I am told that the voter completes a paper form which reguires you drawing a line connecting the position to the name and then this is fed into a "machine" that apparently records your votes. This machine was not working early this morning.
  • Dutch, I also went early this morning,
    initially told them I wanted to do
    electronic. After standing in line for
    10 minutes and it did not move
    (they only had 3 machines)I requested
    a paper ballot and so did 5 people
    behind me. We get our voting done and
    scanned by the time the electronic
    line moved by one person! They prefer
    you to vote electronically and then
    only provide 3 machines for a very
    populated precinct? Logic?????