~ All Star Survivor ~

Comments

• The local radio show had Lex on the other day. He mentioned that the way Rob was decietful was what bothered him most and that he wouldn't choose to have a friend like him in real life anymore. He said that he and Ethan are still friends because there was no alliance that was broken and it was understood that this all was a game. He seems to be still mad at him, but respectful of the game he's playing. He said that if he makes it to the final two, he wouldn't be surprised if he won the million because of his game playing skills. But personally he wouldn't vote for him. BTW, what was up with the mohawk?
  • I've always felt you could win Survivor by lying and cheating as long as you don't pretend to be anything different. No one on the jury will fault you for lying because its part of the game. Alliances are part of the game too however and breaking an alliance will not win you friends.

Rob is playing a strong game but he has also benefitted from the fact that the Lex, Colby, Rich, Ethan, Tina tribe "cannabalized" itself early on. This has made it far easier for Rob to dominate against weaker players like Amber, Shi Ann, and Jenna. Even ALicia for all her strength is usually pretty inneffective in challenges.

Kathi is gone.. too bad. I liked her spunk. I am cheering for Rupert now.
  • >Kathi is gone.. too bad. I liked her spunk. I
    >am cheering for Rupert now.

Me too, I've liked him since Pearl Islands. I often wonder if he's letting Rob win a number of immunities to downplay his strength as a competitor to stick around. On Pearl Islands he was voted out early because of his strength.

This week they are now advertising the Rob/Amber alliance and the possibility that she is playing him. Well duh! #-o

• Hey ALL! Where ARE YOU? I just got in the office and expected to see some notices that there were posts !!!!
    Well,then I'll start it off: Not at all sad to see Alicia go.. she's not the most pleasant person, though I'd have been thrilled to see the obnoxious Shi-Ann voted out.
    So the big question is: how far is Rob going to make it? And who really is his final four? Does he even know?
  • ShiAnn is not my favorite Survivor by a long shot but I was cheering for her to win immunity. The tribe had been pretty obnoxious to her and it was fun watching them scramble like cockroaches when the kitchen light turns on. (Not my kitchen)

I think it was a mistake for Tom, Rupert, and Alicia to not try to make an alliance with ShiAnn and vote off Rob. They might not get another chance in the near future.

It was interesting to see how disliked Alicia was. That was a fun reward challenge. It not only revealed how people felt but winning the reward forced Rupert to reveal his own alliances. Very clever...

• I agree that this was probably the best time to get rid of Rob. I bet they don't get another chance!

• [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 04-23-04 AT 09:47AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Hey Leslie, you're right it is quiet here. I would have been right up there posting this morning but had training this morning and didn't even get to check into the computer.

I am also glad to see Alicia go. I have wanted her out since the beginning. I don't think she really contributes much, and she is just irritating in her superior ways. I missed the reward challenge but read about it on CBS' site. I love it, she just found out what others thought about her and she had the superior attitude to not even listen when ShiiAnn wanted to talk. I don't think alicia knew what hit her. It certainly surprised me, I was afraid for Rupert.

I am glad that ShiiAnn won the immunity, although I don't really like her much either. It was kind of nice to see the quiet one in everyone's face. But that certainly isn't going to help her along later. If it was a strength challenge, she surely wouldn't have won.

I think that Rob and Amber are going to end up facing each other. I would rather see Rupert and Tom, but I think they are going to be gone next. Jenna and ShiiAnn are such non-threats (in challenges) that I think they can hold on to them longer. At this point, I would guess Rob, Amber, Jenna and ShiiAnn in the final four, then Rob and Amber at the end. However, ShiiAnn does irritate almost everyone, so she may be out next.

I can't wait to see!
  • If Rob loses another immunity and they dont vote him off they are all fools. I think he has a good chance of winning in a final 2, because in past contests, the jury voted for those who played the game well, even if they didnt actually like the person. I think the jury would respect Rob's playing over Amber's and vote him the Million$s over her.
  • I completely agree that Rob should have been taken out last night, there won't be many more opportunities like that!

Why is it more obvious to US than it is to THEM?

I also think we need to start a new thread, as this one takes awhile to open. How about All Stars - 2nd half of the season. ???

x:)
  • works for me, if you start it we'll follow you over there !
  • I just got home in time to see Shi-Ann apologizing to the group for her behavior after winning the immunity challenge. I missed the rest!

I think Rupert, Tom, Jenna, etc blew it by not taking the opportunity to eliminate Rob. It would made end-game completely different. Obviously every immunity challenge is huge from here on in. Shi-Ann will have to either continue to win the immunities or work very hard at strategic alliances that would protect her. She needs to position herself as a swing vote to play two final groups off against each other. Final fours being envisioned by Rob are a bit meaningless as all should know that he sees he and Amber as final two. Any other two that would make up the final four in that configuration need to change things up if they want to sit in front of the jury for voting. That's the angle Shi-Ann or any of the rest of them need to focus on if they want to make it to the end. Kathy was right when she tried to point that out the week before, but all of these final savvy game players must know this. These next few episodes will be fun to watch.
  • This is the first chance I've had to look at HRHero today.

What an episode last night! I was so worried that Rupert would be voted off, but am not sad to see Alicia go. I wouldn't be surprised if ShiAnn lasted longer in this competition by aligning herself with Rupert, Big Tom or Jenna.

One of these days someone will have to notice that they need to break up the Rob/Amber alliance. Hopefully they will do it soon as they missed their opportunity last night.

Next week they are showcasing a 'break down' of communications and alliances with Rupert/Jenna. Sounds like Jenna is getting on a lot of nerves.

I loved Alicia's comment to ShiAnn after she exclaimed "Take that!" to the group when she won the immunity. "You still have to live with us." Well, apparently that 'us' won't include Alicia.
  • I haven't been able to see much of Survivor this year. Had taken some time away from HR and was pursuing an advanced degree which has been keeping me busy.

It was so nice to come 'home' to this forum and catch up on all the current events.

Was so sad to see Ethan and Colby go, now there is only the cutie Rob to vote for. He needs to win an awful lot of the last immunities to be a contender. What's he see in Amber anyways? Doesn't he know that she'll dump him in a heartbeat if she gets the chance?

I am actually rooting on ShiAnn. As annoying as she is, she works in HR and its interesting to see her dynamics.

Next week should be interesting.

Cyndy
  • hi all.. a second thread was started: "All Stars second half..." please go there as this one is getting too long....
    see y'all there !!!

• Thanks for the advice Leslie. I have to say tho, it was sure nice to see that all y'all are still watching the show. Perhaps I'll see ya there.

Cyndy
  • >I am actually rooting on ShiAnn. As annoying as
    >she is, she works in HR and its interesting to
    >see her dynamics.

Cyndy,

I had actually forgotten that fact. She's a recruiter or something, right? Welcome back by the way. Can't say I share your enthusiasm about her. I am voting for Rupert.

Leslie,

I don't think I'll be going to the other thread. I always like looking back on predictions and it will be hard to split focus between the two. Thanks anyway.

• hi HS and Cindy,
    i've been kinda going back and forth between the threads, too... I need to do so to remember who said what/when...
    I am not a ShiAnn fan, she is just too abrasive. Can't say I'd like for her to be MY HR person.....
    I am still routing for Rupert, or even Big Tom....
    the votes will all be very interesting from here on in...

• From post #125:

""My husband wanted ShiAnn to go, I said, "you watch, she'll win the whole thing because to date, a person of an Asian descent hasn't won a Survivor." I don't think she has a snowball's chance...but I will know that Survivor is rigged if she does.""

To quote Simon from American Idol (although the prediction he made was wrong.)

ShiAnn could be the 'dark horse' to win this competition.
  • The radio station by me always has the previous person voted off on the Thursday before the next Survivor. Alicia sure sounded like she was going to hold a grudge, but what else is new?

Any guesses on who is going home tonight? Part of me thinks Big Tom or possibly Jenna. Guess it all depends on who wins immunity.
  • Noticed ya didn't mention Shiann. I think you're right, it'll be big Tom tonight. Unless Amber wises up and votes off Rob with say Tom, Shiann and Rupert to back her up. Wonder who'll have their family member for a visit. Sobfest Survivor comin up.

Cyndy
  • I am a bit jaded about the "sobfest" episode. Johnny Fairplay ruined it for me. The whole dead grandma bit was not only overplayed, it did nothing for him strategically.

I still keep waiting for the Big Tom, Rupert, Jenna and Shiann alliance. The time is ripe, no matter who wins immunity. If Rob or Amber gets it, then the other would go. That would put Rob into a scramble.
  • Marc,

You are so right about the dead grandma bit. I couldn't have been madder at him for doing it. I agree about the new alliance that needs to be done with Tom, Rupert, Jenna and ShiAnn. I've said that all along and it was the same back in the episode where the slick sales guy won. If only the people there had wised up sooner, he would have been gone. I think the group now are a lot wiser than the puppets from the other episode, was that the Thailand one I think? In my opinion they are playing up the Rupert/Jenna and Jenna/ShiAnn blowup too much. False advertising. I think they maybe are exaggerating a bit.
  • Why is it always 'nasty' food in order to get to see your loved ones? I know I could never do that. The tarrantula was so nasty. Ugh! Love the comment from Rob's brother to Tom's son, "you're a sick kid!".

The immunity challenge is one they've used before. I guess they decided to reuse some of the old favorites? How anti-climatic the challenge was. Everyone running out of matches except Big Tom and ShiAnn.

I loved how they tried to play up that Jenna was going. At least people were wise to vote out ShiAnn tonight to keep the old alliances strong. Now it will be a scramble as to who Big Tom will go with. Should prove to be quite interesting next week.
  • Well I sure hated to see Shiann go. Thought just maybe she woulda gotten some of the folks rallied up realizing that she and Big Tom could be swing votes. Gotta give her props for trying.

That sobfest was not as sobby as it usually is in other Survivors. Poor Jenna's brother, swallowing down that spider and taking a drink when he shouldn't have. I don't remember hearing that rule either, but oh well.

Cyndy
  • Shii Ann really needed that immunity last night. SHe really was the only option, I couldn't see any of the Rupert/Jenna or Rob/Amber getting broken up at this time.

I think Tom made a smart move to chose Rob to join the reward. I don't know if it will make a difference to Rob, but this might be the only thing that keeps him in for another round. I see that perhapd Rob/Amber/Tom will join forces and Jenna or Rupert will be the next to go. I wish they would get rid of Jenna (I wish they would have sent her home long ago). She is so annoying. Her comments that Rupert is so much stronger so that why he fishes and they don't wasn't Rupert's issue. He doesn't really mind fishing, he's so possesive of that spear, it was having to clean and cook all of it afterwards! I think I would have eventually gotten mad too. All he did was say, I got you the fish, go clean and cook one yourself.

• I cant believe how dumb Big Tom is to actually believe Rob will take him farther than he'll take Amber. If Tom, Rupert and Jenna align they'll do great. Cant beleive they had the chance to vote off either Rob or Amber and they ALL think they should keep them both....UGHHH
  • About the only thing Tom can be thinking is get to the final three and win the last immunity. That is the only way anyone that is left really has a chance. Big Tom may think he has a better chance in the voting if he is up against Rob or Amber. I think the only chance he has in a vote is if he is up against Jenna. When it comes right down to it, that is the best chance any of them have. I think ShiiAnn was right to single out Amber, she is playing an excellent game. Even Rob, who originally confided that he was playing Amber, now confides to his brother that he trusts Amber implicitly.

I am still amazed that Rupert and Jenna did not jump on the chance to recruit ShiiAnn and go after Rob. The problem is that Big Tom showed his support for Rob in the reward challenge. That would have made a 3-3 tie vote for ShiiAnn and Rob, which would have ousted ShiiAnn because she had more past votes than Rob. So maybe they figured that out and just went with ShiiAnn because that would have been the result anyway.

Whew!!! It makes my brain hurt when I think that hard.

Next week, as HRGal said, Big Tom will be the swing vote. Rupert and Jenna will have to work on him all week. I wonder if Rob and Amber will decide Jenna is disliked enough so that they try to bring her in as the person to take to the final three. It would be ironic if that happened and Jenna won the final immunity.

I would be so pi$$ed, however, that would almost cinch the Million for the remaining survivor.
  • >Next week, as HRGal said, Big Tom will be the
    >swing vote. Rupert and Jenna will have to work
    >on him all week. I wonder if Rob and Amber will
    >decide Jenna is disliked enough so that they try
    >to bring her in as the person to take to the
    >final three. It would be ironic if that
    >happened and Jenna won the final immunity.
    >
    >I would be so pi$$ed, however, that would almost
    >cinch the Million for the remaining survivor.

I'm with u, Jenna doesn't deserve the million and I for one will be pi$$ed if she does. But if they vote out Jenna, then Rupert doesn't win an immunity and they vote him, Big Tom doesn't stand a chance against Rob/Amber. Why doesn't anyone realize that? At least with Rupert/Jenna, you stand a chance coz there is no 'romantic' alliance.

Shiann had a helluva lotta spunk to say what she said and good for her to oust Amber as the one flying under the radar. Are we havin fun yet?

Cyndy

• My curse worked! Just kidding. That comment about ShiAnn being the 'dark horse' to win. x:D

I really hope that Rupert makes it to the end. He deserves it, even the Survivors think he's the most honest and deserving. That could be his downfall though. Rupert and Jenna need to try and swing Big Tom to their side, but I don't think that will happen with the way last nights reward went.

Down to the wire now.
  • They interviewed ShiAnn on the radio this morning, she happens to be local living in NYC. She was much different than how she was portrayed on Survivor. Quite hilarious. When told what Alicia had to say about her last week, she just laughed and responded something to the effect of, she has real friends and doesn't need Alicia to be her friend. She said that since this was all over like 4 months ago, there is no animosity, but that the reunion show coming up at MSG in NYC may bring out some of those old wounds again.

x:'( I can't believe it is almost over!