~ All Star Survivor ~

Comments

• I must confess that I have not held up my status as being a survivor addict. I did see the opening few minutes and then fell asleep until Ruperts tribe was eating fish just prior to voting off Rudy. So I missed all the good stuff.

I did manage to see the rerun of the opening episode so I got caught up, then blew it by not staying awake. Ah well ... life goes on.
  • Last evening, I was working on a computer project at home with my back to the TV, but I could swear I heard something about other past Survivor contestants who actually are waiting in the wings to change the game dynamics. Was I halucinating, or did anyone else pick up on this?
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 02-12-04 AT 01:56PM (CST)[/font][br][br]I haven't watched any of this one, but I did think I caught x}> Jon out of the corner of my eye last night on a teaser, didn't really think about it, but now that you mention it..
  • I didn't hear that. All I heard was that there was going to be a "shark attack" and something about "don't miss the last few minutes as there is something that will shock them all".

I cannot wait until 8 pm!
  • how can they bring Jon back and NOT Savage.
    NO FAIR.
  • >how can they bring Jon back and NOT Savage.
    >NO FAIR.

Seriously! Bring back the eye candy, not that whiny sniveling little twit!

(Oh, Leslie, did you see what metalboy wrote about Jersey girls? Check out his post on the "jig is up" thread. Somewhere near the bottom.)

• thanks for the lead on the NJ comments.. I just popped over to that thread and put my $.02 in.

That discussion is just a little too heated today.. I'll stay here in Survivor thread where things are friendly and congenial....

Now back to Savage.... why ISNT HE on the ALL STARS??????????????
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 02-12-04 AT 03:39PM (CST)[/font][br][br]And I thought the men were supposed to have the one track minds.
  • It is not that we have a one track mind, we can handle many, and this is just one of many x;-)
  • Speaking of handling many, that appears to be what is on more than a few of the minds.x;-)
  • Great answer Moneyman...
    so: what did everyone think of last night. Pretty intense.
    Aside from the entire Jenna thing, I am worried that Rupert is really getting himself into hot water with his tribe. He needs to step back and letter others "Lead".. He can just keep catching fish and they'll love him. That log cabin was a major disaster.. who the heck digs their home into sand near a beach? can you say wet? can you say SAND FLEAS ? big mistake Big R.

• My heart broke for Jenna. I know what its like to lose a parent to cancer, you never know from one day to the next if they will be there. I thought Alicia was way too harsh on her. but she's abrasive to everyone.

Rupert's idea was dumb for a beach. He needs to loosen up a little, this tribe is not accepting him as the leader and I think he's having a hard time with that. Ethan is a total wimp, I can't believe he won before and he is so afraid to assert himself, its sickening.
  • i agree RAD. Alicia was not understanding. I've been there too, I totally understood Jenna's 'feeling' that it was time to go back.

Yes, Rupert's not getting it that his tribe isnt "getting" him. He needs to tone it down a notch. that team is not long for this game if they keep it up. Ethan needs to step up to the plate. At this point in the game, Ethan and Rupert need to see themselves as a possible alliance rather than as competition for each other. The women are going to vote together.. E and R need to get that into their heads.

• I would like to see Rupert go further this time, but if they lose another challenge, I think he will be the next onw just because of this shelter thing. Not a good idea.

I can understand Ethan's reluctance to step up and offer other advice. Right now, his best bet is to just go along and try not to cause any concerns or waves. He knows that if he presents bad advice it would be a good excuse to get him out of there so to just play along and help as much as possible without making decisions seems to be a good plan.

Richard was pretty funny. A stud though, I don't know if I would go as far as that!

Jenna's situation was pretty emotional. And although she probably shouldn't have begun this game at all, everyone needed to respect her decision to drop out. Her instincts proved correct. Just think how she would have felt if she gave into the pressures of thinking she had to stay. Alicia was a bit cold on her comments. I know that I would have stayed home too, but she could have softened the comments a little. I wouldn't be heartbroken to see Alicia out of there soon.
  • Poor Rupert! I think his big heart is in the right place, but he certainly goofed last night! Leslie, I think you're right - he should just stick to catching fish.

It was interesting to see peoples' reaction to Jenna leaving - I felt kind of bad when Alicia started criticizing her and telling her she shouldn't have made the decision to play the game in the first place if she wasn't going to finish it out. I think Jenna was feeling at least a dozen shades of guilt anyway - don't think she needed anyone rubbing salt in the wounds.

Not having watched the first Survivor series, I'm not all that familiar with Richard Hatch, but I definitely got a kick out of him biting the shark back!
  • Richard is much more likable this time than he was in his first appearance. He is capitalizing on the concept of being a "character" and doing it well... and this time he isnt constantly offending people to their faces. He is being the tribe's entertainer AND food provider - pretty smart.
  • Okay, can some one be so kind and email me what happened last night! My daughter had her first belt test for Tang Soo Do (much more important than Survivor) last night so I was the proud momma.

If your interested....she graduated to white belt with orange stripe...and the big surprise was, she got the Spirit Belt (red white and blue) for all her hard work and enthusiasm, so she is student of the month. She'll keep it for a month and it will be passed on to another worthy student.

I was too proud and she was obviously too excited...after the test, she ran up to her daddy to hug him and well my husband's chin and her eye came together with a thud...his beard gave her a brush burned cheek and a lovely black eye. He received a bitten tongue. Neither one cried...I was really surprised!
  • HRGirl: congrats for your daughter, that is so neat.
    Here is the update: Jenna M revealed that her mom was very ill with Cancer, and that she felt she wanted to go home to be with her. Little by little as the episode went on, it became evident that this was more than whiney Jenna not liking it out there. At the immunity challenge, she announced she wanted/needed to go home to be with her dying mother. So there was no immunity challenge. Jeff just went around and asked different people what they thought of her decision. Everyone was understandig except Alicia who said she should have never come.
    As Jenna was boated away, a message came up on the screen explaining that she got home in time to be with her mom, who died 8 days letter. very emotional.
    For the reward challenge each tribe got a box of tools to build a shelter. Best shelter won. 2 teams did great, but Rupert insisted on a digging a hole and building a log cabin around it. Didnt work. Major disaster. Rupert looked foolish.

• Some shark attack! I have to admit, as much as I disliked Richard, he sure is entertaining! It's a good thing he had a hold of the shark, else it may have bit him somewhere more private!

My heart broke for Jenna, and as harsh as Alicia was, she is right. Jenna won a million dollars, she knew from last time her mother was sick, I would have never gone into this game knowing that, regardless of if my mom said to. I am glad she "got a feeling" though, because apparently her mother died 8 days later. She would have beaten herself up if she decided to stay.

Poor Rupert has the best of intentions, but he's trying too hard. He needs to be the food provider and let some of the others decide what the home situation should be.

Next week should prove entertaining. Poor Colby looks like he gets knocked over in the challenge! All in all, Survivor has been exciting and it's barely begun.
  • This was a good episode. It is a good thing that Jenna listened to hte (vibe) she was feeling. When they flashed the message about her mom dying 8 days later, I was all choked up.

Rupert is just being Rupert, he did step in it though and I agree that he and Ethan should team up out of pure self-defense.

I must admit that Richards episode with the shark was entertaining. He is once again, proving to be a great strategist. Outthinking them so far, but people are aware of the danger of keeping him around so I look for him to end up on the jury.

You know they will throw some curves in there pretty soon, whether it is tribe mixing and trading back and forth or reentry by others, such as that total weenie, Jon - something different will happen in a few more episodes.
  • If Jon shows up I'm going to flip...
  • If Jon shows up and not SAVAGE then moneyman and I will both FLIP... gee is miss those tartan boxers..... :-(
  • =P~ oh those boxers! Who could forget them?
  • They belong in the Smithsonian next to Archie Bunker's chair....a true American Classic...
  • Finally, Chapera was knocked down a peg, (literally in the case of Big Tom!) x:D

I am not surprised to see Rob C. go, but didn't he sure look surprised!

I am so happy for Saboga that they got the first immunity win, it was a much needed boost especially after the fiasco with the hut Ruppert built.

Next week they are insinuating that there is a "twist unlike any before". Any specualations on what that might be?

This All Star show sure has been fun so far...I feel that the best is yet to come.
  • I didnt mind seeing Rob C. go at all, can't believe he was so surprised. It will be interesting now to see if Boston Rob's tribe trusts him at all, since they all obviously know he lied to Rob C.

Yes it IS time for a big twist... cant imagine what it will be. Bringing back the castaways? Bringing in totally new people? Moving them to another location? the possibilities are endless.
  • I was shocked that they did not edit Rob C mouthing the F-word. What else will we see on TV? I'm a little worried about the twist next week. I really really really hope Jon does not show up.
  • I was shocked as well that they let that get through the editing. The only way they could let other Survivors come back is if they have had them secluded and living on rations, or if they put one on each tribe. The finale is in May though, so is there enough weeks inbetween to add people at this stage?

Hey, maybe if we're lucky, Savage will show up in his suit and boxers. x:D