~ All Star Survivor ~

Comments

• I never really liked Jenna to begin with. I don't think that she is really worth much to the tribe, so I think that she just couldn't do the job.

I wonder what the TWIST is tonight? I can't wait.
  • I heard one teaser that said they were getting camp mail that would greatly change one of the teams. Hmmmm.

One of last weeks teasers said Sue was leaving and ruined the suspense for me. At least this one is more vague.
  • From the website:

"One tribe is misled by Tree Mail, as all the tribes find themselves blindsided by another twist. "
    hmmmm... could be fun ;)
  • Speaking of teasers, my spouse is driving me nuts! Before All-Star Survivor even started, he came across a guy on the internet who claimed to have somehow gotten information on what order the all-stars were going to get voted off, and spouse keeps threatening to tell me!

He was gone last night for a meeting, so he didn't watch the show. This morning at 3:00 am when I got up to come to work, he rolled over and said, "So, was it Colby last night?" AAAHHHHRRRRRGGG! So far, his list has been perfect!

Don't know if he knows who won, but I know he's got it down to the final four. I've told him not to spoil it for me on penalty of something excruciating (boiling oil? Bobbitizing?)
  • As irritating as Jerri might be, I think COlby was a good choice. He is one of the strongest and he really has been dictating all of the moves at Mogo Mogo. They must be going for a merge soon so when it gets down to individual he would have been one of the toughest to beat on physical challenges.

I am glad Chapera one. I was pulling for something good for that team, but Jenna had troubles with the challenge again. Boy, did you notice that Rob was the only one who seemed to know how to dive? He really got it started off well and finished it up well too. He will be one to watch for later too.
  • I was glad they won, too. But not so happy about Colby. I think that was a bad move. They dont know how many more team challenges they'll have and he was key to them. Now they have even less chance of winning the challenges. In all the previous survivors, the team that cut their strong players first ended up doing very poorly(think: Dave, Hunter)..

Loved the golfing scene.

Why do y'all think they picked Kathy? Were they looking to stop the tribe from voting off the weakest player? Do they think she's was their best bet to get on their side? that'll be interesting. Kathy wont be completely trusted by anyone now.

• My vote would have been to protect the weakest player just from the standpoint that a stronger player being voted out would lessen competition in the challenges. I don't know if Kathy was the weakest player but it was an interesting choice. The reunion should be a bit of an eye opener.

I was surprised that Ethan could not get the knots undone. Was there a rule against using the machete to just cut the rope?
  • I don't know, but it looked like Rob brought his back to the raft still tied together. Mogo Mogo also messed up by breaking an oar right off. No wonder they went crooked because they couldn't paddle great on the left side.

I thought Kathy was an interesting choice too. We will have to see how it goes. They must be getting to a merge soon. They only have 11 left, right?
  • I think the merge is going to be done a lot different this time. Maybe they are going to wait much longer, maybe never actually merge at all until there's only one tribe left. Last night Jeff kept baiting them with comments like "if and when a merge comes".. they are all too ready for the traditional merge. How about some team re-shuffling first, they've done that before and it was very interesting.
  • Lex played it great last night. In my opinion there wasn't a better time to axe Colby than last night. My only hope is that they will somehow get rid of Rob - I can't stand that guy as I hate all his macho garbage. Kathy has always been one of my favorite players and I hope she goes a long way in this game. I think they ended up picking her as the best possible person to convert as they already know what ShiAnn (?spelling) and Jeri are like.
  • I can't stand Rob either! I never liked him ever since his first season when he was trying to quote the "The Godfather" and just ended up sounding like a moron. He thinks he runs that whole show, and his accent just gets under my skin.

He's been a big piece in a lot of his tribes wins. Hopefully they'll realize that he's a threat and toss him.

Lex did make his move at the right time, but it was really Shi-Ann that made the final decision, which is ironic since Colby told her that she didn't have any power in the game.
  • I couldn't even guess what Shii Ann was going to do. She was the turning point on Lex's plan. I thought that since Jerri bugged her so much that she would get rid of Jerri just for that reason. But, I remembered that Colby also go on her nerves because of the comments he made to her last week or the week before. Colby did think he was really ruling everything, well, it was time.
  • As much as I disliked Rob from the first time he was on, he is beginning to grow on me. I was rooting Chapera on from the beginning of that challenge. As much as I liked Colby from the beginning, I was rooting for him to be voted off. He is way too much of a threat in individual challenges. He won nearly every final challenge in the Outback.

I was wondering why Kathy myself, I was thinking since maybe she was one of the only "older" ones on that tribe, but I guess time will tell.

This week it would seem that one person from each tribe will go to the other tribe. Is this the beginning of a merge? We've been fooled before, so I am not putting all my eggs into one basket, so to speak.

Don't forget, it's on Wednesday this week, not Thursday!
  • In answer to why Kathy was chosen, I think Tom answered that last week, in his drunken stupor.

When Kathy was sitting with the women, Tom said, "Kathy fell right into our trap". The girls and Kathy were drinking and Kathy was talking about all of the tribe members on her team. They were picking her for information.

Don't forget, it's on TONIGHT!
  • Ethan, no not Ethan!

I was really hoping for Jerri last night. Ethan was right about her efforts and abilities. But, Ethan is a strong threat. If I was Kathy and ShiiAnn, I would be worried about Lex calling all the shots and thinking he can carry Jerri around until the end. I don't think anyone would ever vote Jerri to win.

Do you think Kathy might have thrown the challenge? She didn't look like she performed well. When she began to lose balance, it looks like she just gave up and jumped. Could she have been helping Chapera out? She did tell them that they have nothing to worry about when she went to look at their things.

Next week, it looks like they might randomly mix the teams up again and not merge into one. But, they are getting down to it, only one more to go and then they have their jury numbers.
  • I was soo hoping for Jeri to go, not Ethan yet. Next week looks like it's going to get messy with the switching up of the tribes. I don't think that is exactly fair. Oh, poor Amber now won't get her night with Rob. Boo Hoo. If she winds up as a minority with mostly Mogo Mogo members around her, she will be gone if they lose. Perhaps Chapera will purposely lose to get rid of a Mogo Mogo member. Should prove to be yet another interesting evening!
  • Yes, sad to see sweet Ethan go.... but all the previous winners did have targets on their backs.
    I agree, Jeri is useless, as useless as Amber... ugghh... yech...
    I thought maybe Kathy threw the challenge too.. a possibility.
    As for next week: I dont think a merge is happening anytime soon.. I am not convinced they'll merge at all until 1 team is down to 1 person..
    As for the jury: I am not convinced it will be the usual 7 person jury. They may just bring them ALL back .. wouldnt THAT be a TWIST and a half!!!

• Another Wednesday night show, this really messes up my schedule. We are going to be out at friends for dinner tonight and I am using my kids as an excuse to cut the evening short (you know, it is a school night and they need to be in bed bfore 8:00). Well, it really isn't an excuse because it is true, but I would hate to admit that it is really because I am a Survivor addict. Yes, I know how to use the video recorder, but somehow, it is just not the same to me.

• Moneyman,

I prefer watching Survivor on video tape. Well, for one thing we don't have any tv reception or cable so we have no choice but to have someone tape it for us.

However, on tape you can rewind and pause the show while you argue with your wife over who should get voted out and why they always show a snake before Jerri comes on the screen.

I think I should win some kind of award for having never missed an episode of any season of Survivor while not having any TV reception. I always have a friend and a back-up friend tape the show.
  • While in Sun City last week, missed the episode. I had heard it was on Wednesday, but the local TV guide did not show the change. In any case, I heard Ethan is gone but that's about all.

It's on tonight though so I hope to catch up. And Paul, yes you get an award. I think there is some sort of restrictive garment and a rubber room involved.x;-)
  • You wouldn't be the first to suggest that!
  • Well, although interesting last night to see some footage that was not presented in previous episodes, it was disappointing not to see the game continue on. I loved Chapera's spoof on tribal council. They were having some fun.

I can't wait until next week to see the real action.
  • I agree, I loved the spoof on Trible Council, Rob C's take on Jeff was great. But I am ready for some good game playing, the last couple of episodes haven't been real earth shattering..
  • I was so looking forward to the Survivor game continuing last night, as my TV guide told me...Leave it to Survivor to use a filler show instead.

It was funny to see Chapera's take on tribal council and some of the comments during the game. All in all a funny show, but I can't wait until we get back to the game at hand next week.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 03-25-04 AT 03:17PM (CST)[/font][br][br]I downloaded this entire thread to my Palm Pilot and read the whole thing at lunch today and I noticed that:

- For a long thread, we have stayed remarkably on task. No real tangents aside from some drooling over Andrew Savage.
    - Alot of the predictions we have made have been right on. Not always but more often than not.
    - Any mention of Andrew Savage will elicit 2-3 posts that simply read "mmmmm" similar to Homer Simpson whenever the word "donut" comes up.

I haven't enjoyed this season as much as others but I have enjoyed discussing it with the forum more.

I have to admire how Kathy is playing the game. She has been involved in pivotal decisions and some high profile rewards but somehow she stays above the fray without becoming a target.. yet.

One last comment, in Survivor, when you think you CONTROL the game, there is a good chance that your days are numbered. Pride goes before a mistake.

Here is an interesting link to a story thats says Jeff Probst has now said that Colby actually beat Boston Rob during that bridge face-off. Apparently Rob's foot goes in before Colby's hand. The decision will stand however. [url]http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=2334[/url]

Its amazing how many websites have sprung up about this show. There is one called [url]www.survivorhunks.com[/url] I wonder if Skinny Ryan made the list.
  • Savage.. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I mean.. good points, yes indeed, I agree 100%, very observant. Kathy doing well, those in control are soon out... did someone say "SAVAGE?" mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • LeslieC-

I think you're in love.x;-)
    But what about Hunter =P~. He was a cutie, too.
    Savage had his moments didn't like some of his comments but still good to look at if you like the lawyer types.

As far as last nights episode I felt JIPPED!!!
    I rushed home so I could watch and turns out to be a review episode.x:-(
  • Andrew ... if you like Armani types. Hey, I bet that he could sell that jacket on E-bay for big bucks! Watch for Leslie, she might be the first in line. x:7

Like Paul said, this has been a fun time discussing the show on the forum. I am sorry that I missed all of the other shows but Pearl Islands. I was a reality show snob, I still don't like the others, except the Apprentice, but that isn't my choice. My husband watches Survivor with me, I watch the Apprentice with him. It works, we like arguing about both of them.
  • I confess: it is not the Armani jacket that did me it... it was those cute, plaid boxers...

Don't worry, I will not buy THEM if they show up on ebay... that's where I draw the line.