~ All Star Survivor ~

Comments

• SAVAGE! Yes !
    now there's a twist I can live with :-)
  • I hate to say it, but I still think that we haven't seen the last of Jon yet. Although, I can't imagine that he'll be able to get anyone to trust him after the dead grandmother bit. On the other hand, he's just slippery and sleazy enough to inspire confidence while lying through his teeth.

Ladies, I don't share your enthusiasm for Savage. If I remember right, he's the one that kept complaining about getting his Armani suit all wet at the beginning of the last series - he made WAY too much of the fact that he was classy enough for designer suits, as far as I'm concerned!

Anyway, I guess I'm hoping for the return of some of the other oldies-but-goodies as the plot twist for this game. Could really mix things up!
  • >Ladies, I don't share your enthusiasm for
    >Savage. If I remember right, he's the one that
    >kept complaining about getting his Armani suit
    >all wet at the beginning of the last series - he
    >made WAY too much of the fact that he was classy
    >enough for designer suits, as far as I'm
    >concerned!

No one said anything about liking his, "personality" x:P
  • Rob's laziness did him in. He seems intelligent, but he wasn't smart enough to contribute to the daily grind of survival.

I was glad to see Saboga win something. The idiocy of the shelter plan was very apparent when the big storm hit. Even a little storm would have quickly demonstrated the folly of digging into sand, especially so close to the shoreline. At least Rupert admitted the error and understood how important it was to rectify with an improved shelter the next day.

Hatch is doing his thing, that tribe is looking strong. I still think he will be voted out because of his prowess.

The twist is coming! Nice little tease they did. I would bet Jon is somehow a part of it. As slimy as he is, I would bet he will come back even if it is just to see him voted out again. I wonder if the All-Stars all know how covert he was with the whole dead grandma thing - maybe they will bring her back?

Perhaps a 4th tribe that brings back a couple of the people discussed here and exchanges them with a like amount of current all-stars. You know really shuffle the make-up of the groups.

It will be interesting.
  • somehow I just dont think there's anymore all stars coming back (as much as I'd like to see it).

Hatch's value is his fishing. With the addition of rice that wont be as valuable. I'd like to see him stay awhile, it is getting a little boring and he adds personality to the event.

• Im sure RIchard has another plan in store once they get into the Rice... He's had this whole game planned out from the beginning! I don't want to see him win again, but I sure do like watching him work the game!!!!
    April
  • I am going to miss Rob C. He always had the best comments and most consistent sense of humor. He wasn't a half bad player either. I think Boston Rob eliminated him to reduce the male competition on the island. Boston Rob is not a rocket scientist and Rob C may have intimidated him.

Did anyone else catch Colby's big grin after knocking big Tom flat on his back during the reward challenge? How about Lex's crawl/crouch style? That was great.

The season is heating up. Rupert doesn't seem to have the control over the game he had in the previous season. He has to be physically exhausted. On the other hand, he is being a little more low profile than the first time around.
  • Please Please, no Jon.

Well, I have to admit that it might make a good show though. The controversy does add a lot to the game.

I wish that they would have voted Alicia off. I guess I just don't like her. I think that Rob C has been a weak player, but could be strong if they just guided him and told him what to do. I think that they are still at the point that they must keep a strong integrated team and Alicia just seems like she might a trouble maker.

Oh well, we will see.
  • Last night one of the commercials had a preview and Jeff told them they don't want to lose this challenge because the losing tribe would be dissolved. They didn't say if that meant the members would be divided among the other tribes or sent home.
  • I hope they don't send those survivors home and replace them with other All Stars. Now that would be just plain crazy! (unless of course they bring back the eye candy! Just leave home the whiny ones like Jon)
  • Hunter, Dave, Savage.....
    that works for me.....
  • I think they are bringing Lil back... just kidding.
  • Lil? #-o

I certainly hope you are kidding. That would be just as bad as Jon.
  • How about Boston Rob? Did you see the way he picked up Ethan and Colby like they were nothing? And the way he traversed those balance beams? Guess his construction background helped him out there.

Goodbye Richard, not sorry to see him go let me tell you. Poor Rupert, thinking he constructed something good once again. Jenna, what a B. The whole, "the last 13 days are wasted. I had everyone voting the way I wanted..." yada yada yada. And Jeri, picking on Colby already. Her days will be numbered if he finds that tidbit out.

Well, definitely some excitement last night. Can't wait to see what other surprises they have up their sleeves
  • I was very surprised last night, I really didn't think Richard would go. To be honest, I don't think I would have realized that he was rubbing up against the women of they did not show the parental alert at the begninning of the show and before the scene itself. I was watching intently waiting for something to happen, I thought someone was going to get hurt and bloody. I am sure they could have chosen to edit the whole thing out, there was no value in airing it.

As for Boston Rob, he's a Boston guy, whadidja expect? xB-)
  • I loved what Jeff said to Richard. Something about, "noone wants to see that. Get back to the game." Sounds like Susan goes off on Jeff next week.

As far as Rob, I have new found respect for him. He may be a sexist pig, but at least he keeps it real. And if I'm being honest, he ain't to bad to look at either. x:P His voice gets to me though sometimes.

Colby on the other hand is more viscious this time around. Taking Ethan solely for the purpose of getting rid of him and dismantaling Saboga. Maybe Jeri might be onto something here. I hope his tribemates realize that he won just about every immunity challenge at the end and he picked Tina to go with him knowing full well that she may get the million. He won't do that again this time around. So if anyone is banking on that...
  • I am glad to see Richard go. As much as he can be amusing, the whole naked thing was getting old and boring. Now if we can just get rid of whiney Jeri.
    Ethan, Lex and Colby will make a tough team to beat in reward challenges. I wonder how Rupert and Rob will get along. Cant believe Rupert made the same mistake twice, of putting himself in charge of building something.. uggh.. will he never learn? now HE needs to 'fly under the radar' a while.

• Plenty of interesting dynamics to work themselves out following the dissolution and the re-integration. Truthfully, it wasn't as shocking as I thought it would be. Do you think they have made room for a new third tribe of other all-stars?

The previews for next week showed Sue going ballistic and yelling at Jeff - probably some backlash from the Richard incident. She should go soon as well.

I was surprised to see Colby get so aggressive about the decision making. It did get rid of Richard, but probably marked Colby for an earlier exit that otherwise.

Looks like there will be some girls against guys alliances coming soon. Jen and Colby, at it again.

Rupert will be taking a low profile for awhile if he is smart. Just go back to working hard and reading people. I do think he is still depleted from his first survivor show.
  • I was surprised at the outcome last night. I thought that only Kathy was the one who did Richard in, they ALL did, that really surprised me. I guess I wouldn't be a good player. I think that idea that the ladies talked about was good, Colby seems to be much more of a threat now and it made sense to me to get rid of him now. As tiresome as Richard could be, he really isn't up to the younger men in physical challenges so I think that keeping him a little longer would have been better. I think the ladies might just have done themselves in with keeping Colby, Ethan and Lex.

Oh well, can't wait to see what Sue is mouthing off about. It sounds intense.
  • The first thing my husband said when Sue said she was leaving was that she was going to sue.

So, HR Formites- Hostile work environment? Sexual harassment? You know she will go after the show since their pockets are deeper. Would she be considered an employee of the show?

Has anyone heard the outcome yet, since it's been months since the taping?

Also, whatever happened to the survivor that sued saying she was set up by the producers?

• I missed last week, but would have loved to have seen the interaction so I could make my own call on how bad it was. I thought she over did it a bit but not fair having not seen it.

As to the outcome. .was extremely annoyed this a.m. to have to leave for work right when they were going to have Sue and Richard on the morning show.. .Did anyone catch it.

• sonny, you didn't miss much last week, they "blurred" out Richard's mid-section, as they always do when he's naked, but you could tell he was standing close to Sue. Whether he rubbed her or not, we wouldn't be able to tell.

I was shocked that she left the show, although nobody can tell what was going on in her head. I felt bad for Jeff, who fell into that situation and (I believe) was as shocked as the other tribe.
  • I missed the early show action too but I am curious as to the outcome. At first I thought that she over reacted, but then, I wasn't there. And, I don't think that Richard meant for it to be "violating" but just irritating and in the midst of the challenge, that's all it seemed like. My husband and I talked about it and felt that you could probably equate it to rape. She felt physically violated. I couldnt tell that he actually touched her and I guess no one else could either. I don't think he meant to get her personally either, but she was the one that he met up with on that run. Richard was just being Richard (which is really no excuse). I wonder what will happen?
  • I caught it last week and last night too. From my persepctive, when Richard and Sue had the run-in, Richard was already running down the board. Sue stopped and said she wanted to go down the same path that Richard was approaching her on. As she stepped onto the path, it looked like Richard stopped and "grinded" himself into her. I could completely understand her humiliation. But, I was also surprised at her departure last night. Can't wait to see what happens. GO RUPERT!
    St. Cloud Proud
  • Rupert said twice "Sue has her own agenda" which could mean that her reaction/over-reaction was intentional and part of possible future lawsuit to claim she was emotionally humiliated and financially affected by Rich's actions.

Personally, Rich was way out of line. If that was my wife, he'd be dealing with me. Survivor may be a "game" but that doesn't mean there aren't consequences for your actions.

That said, I don't think Rich meant to humiliate Sue. He's an exhibitionist who loves to push buttons and that's what he was doing. He just pushed the wrong buttons on the wrong person.

I doubt there will be a lawsuit. There might be some form of settlement but I am sure we will see Rich and Sue all smiles at the reunion show and plenty of apologies.

Wierd episode... I learned a new phrase from Kathy that I plan to use soon "Don't pull me into your core of hatred!"

• I hardly know what to think about Sue's actions. I do not have a high opinion of her and think she can be as manipulative as any of them. That said, I also do not think she is a great actress despite all the TV time she has had since the first survivor, so I do not know if she could fake her emotional umbrage.

I do believe she is smart enough to see an economic opportunity and to take advantage of it. She will probably get a big check and I bet it is at least as much as she could have won.

Richard is gone, but he was just trying to get under people's skin. Was he assaulting Sue, perhaps, but I would be he was just being edgy, looking for more advantage in the game.
  • Again, I am on medication today but the question keeps running through my mind:

Will Sue sue?
    Is Rich rich?

Nurse, more blue pills please!
  • well, I didnt see the morning show the next day, but the website did give a good synopsis.

Sue will not sue.
    She and Richard clearly have had some discussions about it. Richard did not intend to humiliate/violate her. He really seemed sincere about that. I think she genuinely felt violated at the time.. I dont blame her. It was Over the line. They are working through it.

I get the impression that the producers have arranged for Sue to receive some form of counseling or something to help her deal with it. I think this is very appropriate.

• Certainly was interesting last week. Thanks for the update on if Sue sued or not. I thought maybe she was milking it, but one will never know and will have to take her word on it.

I thought it was interesting that Jenna was the only one who didn't want to play the reward game, then she was the one who had the most trouble with the game. I wondered if she purposely threw the challenge because her teammates didn't back her up.

Maybe they will elaborate more tomorrow.