Dashboard / Metrics

What topics
do you feel are important to include within a HR Dashboard aimed at top leadership; or if you would like to share a sample.

My initial
thoughts are:

• Cost per
    Hire
  • Human
    Capital ROI
  • Revenue
    Factor (Revenue / Total # of FTE)
  • Turnover
    Rate
  • Vacancy
    Rate
  • Salaries as a
    Percentage of Operating Expense
  • Performance
    appraisal rating %
  • % of EE on
    performance plans

SHRM benchmarks to http://www.shrm.org/research/benchmarks/Human%20Capital%20Metrics%20List%20COMPLETE.pdf

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • any last minute takers? [;)]

• [quote user="HR_Fun"]

What topics do you feel are important to include within a HR Dashboard aimed at top leadership; or if you would like to share a sample.<?xml:namespace prefix = o />

My initial thoughts are:

• Cost per Hire
    • Human Capital ROI
    • Revenue Factor (Revenue / Total # of FTE)
    • Turnover Rate
    • Vacancy Rate
    • Salaries as a Percentage of Operating Expense
    • Performance appraisal rating %
    • % of EE on performance plans[/quote]

Sorry I must have missed this.  I don't look into the coffee corner as much as the other areas.

There are a couple other important on-boarding statistics.  They typically shed more interesting data when they are broken up by department.

• Cost to train
    • Cost to render adequate performance

Once hired, we have a time frame that, on average, it takes for someone to get their actual on-the-job performance up to par with expectations.  The defecit in performance in that time frame is the cost of a new hire.  You can also consider these to be part of the cost of turnover of a trained, experienced employee in the same role.  This is particularly valuable in production roles where the cost of poor performance is more easily calculated.