I'm rollin' McCain

2»

Comments

• I have to agree with Frank, at least a little. We just had our local elections last week, big changes on the school board, folk were apparently ready for a change. However, not much is being said about the national level races. Appears everyone is waiting until the election is much closer and the final candidates are selected.
    Remember that here in the Mid-West "gun control" is hitting your target.
  • Relative to Obama's quote. I found this statement on the blogosphere and it sums it up much better than what I could do.

"But what is more worrisome is the glimpse of a worldview that the statement reveals. It reflects that old leftist ideology that Obama has up till now done such a good job of trying to transcend, the Marxist and neo-Marxist notion that accounts for beliefs, institutions, and habits of mind as nothing more than covers for economic oppression."

• Bah, humbug. It's simpler than that... What he said is true. It may pain many midwesterners to admit it, but it's true nonetheless. If you really want to see midwesterners offended, keep telling them they should be offended by something. That's the coastal elitism that really hacks us off... like we have to be told when to be offended. The implication is that we're too stupid to know when we've been wronged. In actuality, we generally have the good sense to not get so bent out of shape by the truth.
  • As bad as I hate it, I have to agre with my liberal friend. Well said, ACLU Frank.
  • Coastal elitism? Hey, wait a second! Are you calling me an elitist? Cool.
  • Frank, I agree with your assessment of midwesterners. But, Obama is highly intelligent and behind his words there is real meaning. I think the quote I posted says nothing about midwesterners, but says alot about Obama.
  • I will say that I admire the way Obama is handling the issue far more than how Hillary handled Snipergate.

Obama admits he chose his words badly. He is trying to spin it a little for damage control though.

He rightly callled Hillary out on her sudden support of the 2nd amendment. He said she has turned into "Annie Oakley".

I am loving Democratic politics! I should sign up.
  • I found it interesting that Obama chose to identify midwesterners...people all over the country have behaved the way he is describing. I agree with Ray: he identified a real problem, but I think his delivery of the sentiment was flawed, and you definitely can't pigeonhole this problem to the midwest. I've lived in 7 different states in all areas of the country, and this problem is nothing new.

Oh, and responding to posts wayyyyyyy up there (sorry, I've been going through some rough crap at work and have been MIA) - I thought the South had laid claim to being gun-toting Bible slingers! xpray When did they lose that title??? x;-)
  • The stereotyping has expanded from the South to include the Midwest, which apparently now includes Pennsylvania and Michigan. Maybe it's everything West of the Appalachian Mountains to everything East of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. I believe Mr. Obama is incorrect in his assessment of the heartland of the country. Yes there are many people going through tough times but the vast majority of them are working their way through it and finding legal and honorable means of supporting their families. The ones he hears from or pays attention to are the whiners and negativist who blame the government for all of their problems. That group cuts across all sections of the country but in my opinion is LEAST prevalent in the midwest, at least in Kansas.
    I'll stop here before I take another step up on my soapbox.

• I think its safe to say Obama chose mid-westerners because he was speaking at the time in California.

:)