Wicked Witch of the West

13»

Comments

• >Kimberly,
    >
    >You and I got off to kind of a rough start on the forum. I just want you to
    >know I have no animosity and hope you don't either.

Did we? Considering I don't even remember that, I think it's safe to say I harbor no animosity.

Maybe it will help to remember (and I'm only guessing here as to what this 'rough start' entailed) that I never harbor animosity towards someone merely for disagreeing with me. No matter how passionately I may argue for or against a certain point of view, the fact that someone else argues just as passionately for the opposite viewpoint typically doesn't have any affect whatsoever on whether I like someone. If the other person consistently resorts to ad hominem attacks, that's a different story, but a discussion is just a discussion, and if people are passionate in their attempts at persuasion, more power to them. But there are very many issues on which reasonable minds may differ, and I tend to be very good at separating the intellectual exercise of debate from whatever personal rapport I may have with someone. Maybe it's part of what led me into my profession. Not to mention I also suck at holding grudges.

On a somewhat related note, I want this for my office:

[url]http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/compromise.jpg[/url]
  • Well she (Hillary) did it again in Michigan......Has anyone ever thought what the nation will call Bill if she wins the oval office? She was the First Lady!

Does this make Bill the First Man or the "First Lady's Man"?

What about in a crowd and someone says: "President Clinton", who will answer first?

If they call Hillary, Madame President would that be an insult?

So many questions? xflash
  • I don't know if you can really count Michigan. Obama wasn't even on the form.

Our governor is a woman (she will be giving the democratic response to the State of the Union address if you want to see her in action). Her husband is called the First Gentleman. I expect they will call Bill that (at least, in public).
  • If by some chance Hillary does get elected prez, do you really think she'll let Bill anywhere near the White House? I could see her sending him to Mongolia as ambassador or something. Get him far away.
  • Ray, who are you predicting to win in NY for the Dems?
  • Our local newspaper had a big article on Saturday about the upcoming NY primaries. It is predicted Hillary will easily win for the dems. Even though upstate is more heavily repub, she has a strong following up here. She has taken credit for bringing jobs to the area via a major defense contractor - that has scored her a few points in my neck of the woods.
  • I will be watching....I will check her out. Has she done a good job?
  • Depends on who you ask. The state has completely turned around and she has been given national awards for improving conditions while actually decreasing spending. Of course, then you see an interview with one of the republican representatives and he points out the millions and millions she requested in spending that they voted down.

I have come to believe the state, and the country, do best with a strong democrat in the lead position who can work with a solid republican congress. If one or both are weak you are in big trouble. If you reverse it you get deadlocked, and if you have either of the parties in charge of both places then you are really in the soup. The problem really is where do you find a good strong democrat who will work with a republican congress, and enough solid republicans to run it? It's sort of like trying to figure out how to spin staw into gold.

• Have you all heard what they are calling African Americans (Jackson, Sharpton, etc.) who are supporting Hillary instead of Obama, some even bad mouthing him? Uncle Bills....