Mr. Forum America

13»

Comments

• Oops! I have noticed a calculation error (that's what you get for leaving this to an accountant)!

LarryC had a 9 on his costume. 8 plus 9 is 17. LarryC wins with 17 out of 20.

Congratulations to Larry!!!!

(That is, if this is the end of the pageant and I didn't miss anything else.)

Woo-hoo! Congrats to Larry and a big thank you to all our contestants and emcees.

Judge Nae

(now returning to regular Nae)

• Judge Nae, correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe Larry had a 9 on his costume. That along with the 8 for his silence would give him a total of 17 points.
  • Thank you Judge Nae for making that correction. We certainly would not want a black cloud hanging over our pageant because of scoring discrepancies.

HRQ, where are you? Did you have to pick James S up at the airport?
  • Hey, really, does anyone have any lotion????
    Can we get back into our civies now?
    Oh, and congrats to Larry! What was the prize again?
  • Way to go Larry. I seem to have also missed the prize.
    May sound like sour grapes... but we couldn't help the fact that we (ie Frank) had equipment problems.
  • So Larry is Mr. Forum US America without even really competing?

I am good with that.

• Ladies and Gentlemen:

Sorry there has been a delay in the awards ceremony for the Mr. Forum America contestant but the reigning crown holder James S was not able to get a flight in. My c-host HRQ is working busily behind the scenes to find a replacement to present the crown to the new Mr. Forum America. Q should be with us shortly.

Meanwhile, I would like to thank our Judge, NaeNae from Kansas and our contestants, Paul in Cannon Beach, Ray A, Allsteaks, Larry, Smace, Tkessler and the twins Frank & Dutch; you were all absolutely wonderful. And a special thank you to M. Lee Smith for hosting this pageant and to you our readers. Without you, there would be no reason for our madness.

• ...........drumroll continues from yesterday. Drummer is about to file a workers comp claim for repetetive motion injury. But that's for another thread.

Ladies and germs, it is time to announce, YES, TIME TO FINALLY ANNOUNCE THE WINNER OF THE MR. FORUM AMERICA PAGEANT!

But first, many thanks to everyone who made this possible. Joannie for her co-mcing, NaeNae for her Play by Play, NeedsCoffee for her very helpful suggestions, and a big thank you to everyone I've not mentioned. Without you, we'd never have made it this far. Blah blah blah blah................................ (are you still with us? My speech is taking longer than was supposed to be allowed, but whatever. This is MY show.)

Okey dokey, a little recap of how we arrived at our final decision.

Points. Nae really put a lot of thought into the points, and she kept it extremely fair.

Costumes. The boys' outfits ranged from sleek and classy, to sparkly, to piratey, to flouncy, to butterfly-y, to capey. All were stunning, colorful, really haute couture, and I am confident their creations will appear on the most hoity toity runways next spring.

Questions and Answers. Some answers were very brief and to the point. Those contestants very generously left time over for some of our more verbose contestants. All answers were fabulous and quite clever.

You guys rock. Would you like to know the winner?

The winner is....................................

• Larry.

You have 8 seconds for your acceptance speech.
  • Thanks, everyone. Wow. I don't know what to say except that I DID answer my questions and they are buried up on post #67. I suppose now I'm disqualified, but that's ok. The tiara is getting heavy and all these damn roses give me allergies.

Playgirl has contacted me about a layout, but the position of the staple is still being negotiated.

As I've been telling a few of you, I have been pretty inactive here on the forum these last couple months. I've been very busy on several things, not to mention a secret project which I will reveal here shortly, because I will need help (mostly from HRQ) when I am ready.
  • Ah, but you did get credit for your answer. It was a big contributor toward our final decision.

That and the fact that Nae gave you the most points.

Thank you for sticking to the 8 second rule.

What are you going to do with all the butterflies after you change out of your outfit? I heard the farmers are short on bees. Maybe the butterflies could stand in.
  • Good job Larry! I hope you add this to your resume.

"MR. Forum America 2007"

Put it right next to "Lifetime Clean Plate Club Member"
  • Well, that's it boys and girls. The time has come to draw the curtains on another fabuloso production from MFA Inc. Please watch for more in the future. I'll let you in on a little secret; there is a new competitve thread in the offing. We have approached Needcoffee to act as host. What is it you ask? Well, it could be an armwrestling contest pitting individual forumites against Missk, it could be a Haiku contest-theme to be announced or it could
    be.........I'm sorry, we are out of time. Thanks again to all! And Good Night!