Mr. Forum America

Comments

• Joannie and I decided to let YOU take care of Smace's introduction, Paul. x;-)

• And now a man who needs no introduction, Smace. Smace is wearing a tribute to Cap'n Jack Sparrow with a rakish pirate hat, leather boots, and eye patch.
  • Tom, your question, should you choose to answer it, is multiple choice with an essay...

a. amusement
    2. chagrin
    x:D. disdain

Which word would you say best describes the emotion the moderators feel when reading threads such as this?

And for the essay portion of this question, how do you guys (and ladies) entertain yourselves on those rare "slow" days on the Forum? Beauty/talent pagents in the cubicle hallways? Impromptu cubicle-volleyball? Margaritas all around, then 80's Karaoke?

• 1: Definitely (a), amusement. Been lol this morning.
    2: Extracurricular fun here? I wish. Whenever everyone else is having fun, that's when we must work the hardest. Today, for example, with the threat that the twins joined at the hip from the Show Me State may actually show something, the Forum Monitoring Danger Zone Level has risen to "Orange."
    3: Like Ray, I'm flattered to be nominated but humbly concede. My money is on the twins, especially since both halves seemed to have chimed in with answers to your questions. Go Frank/Dutch! tk
  • Ladies and gentlemen of the reading audience, we are nearing the end of the competition. As soon as Paul posts Smace's question (should he choose to answer) and as soon as our other lovely contestants supply their answers, we'll be ready to tally the votes.

Ladies of the Forum, please start thinking about which Forum-male has earned the title "Mr. Forum America."

We will let you know when the polls are open, and Nae will help tally.

Mr. Forum America will be revealed to the entire ForumNation by end of tomorrow!

drum roll...........................
  • And, presenting the award, we hope, wiil be none other than the original Mr. Forum America himself, James Sokolowski. James's flight has been delayed, but hopefully he can make another connection and be here with us soon.
  • I begrudgingly wrote Smace's introduction but I won't make up his question. I think Joannie should ask him something.
  • Did I miss anything? I was doing my interview with Matt Lauer on the Today Show; and it's so exciting! I've been contacted to possibly be the spokesperson for Britney Spears!!! OMG!!!!

• Paul, you should have learned by now to be careful for that which you ask.

At PCIB's behest, Contestant SMace, here is your question:

From Paul's description it appears you and he have a deep dark past. Would you say this unease stems from:

1. Paul acting like a moron?
    2. Ray A being an instigator?
    3. Personal insecurities?x0:)

• Madam Q, I do believe you have 10,000 more questions to pose for contestant Larry. Oh never mind, it would take entirely to long to open the thread.

• [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 08-29-07 AT 07:06AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Ladies and gentlemen,

As my co-host Q mentioned earlier, we are nearing the end of this wonderful competition. We are currently waiting Tkessler and Smace for their responses to the competition questions. I believe HRQ will be posing contestant Larry's question shortly.

In the mean time, Judge Nae, could you please recap this exciting competition so far?
  • I had no idea these pageants were so brutal.
  • In all the excitement, I forgot to ask the question of Larry. Notice how he chose to let that fact quietly pass. Very savvy...

Larry, our question for you has several parts;
    6.) How do you KNOW your beautiful state has 10,000 lakes?
    a.) Have you counted to make sure?
    II) Could at least 1/5 of US Americans find these lakes on a map?
    q.) And why don't you share a lake or two with some of the more arid states? (Like AZ?)
  • Here in the Land of 10,000 Beauty Pagaents, But Not Nearly That Many Contestants, I am now ready to answer my question(s).

6.)To paraphrase Miss Alabama 1994, I know we have 10,000 lakes because if we didn't have 10,000 lakes there wouldn't be 10,000 lakes which is why I know that there are 10,000 lakes.

a.) I counted the ones I fell into and figured that all 10,000 lakes must have had someone at sometime fall into them which pretty much confirms in my mind, of 10,000 detours, that there are 10,000 lakes.

II) More than 1/5 of all Americans do not live in the Land of 10,000 Lakes, so looking on their state maps they would not see the 10,000 lakes.

1/5 of all Minnesotans would not be able locate the lakes on a map, let alone locate the maps themselves. We don't need maps. We're already here.

q.)In the past year we've shipped out over 1000 lakes to needy areas. Some have even come here to pick them up. You can recognize them easily. They hang out on the corner with their "Will work for lake" signs. We almost sent one to South Africa after Miss South Carolina declared it as needing saving, but then thought we would wait to find out why one of the richest countries in the world needs saving. We did send them a pond to tide them over, just in case.

We are trying not to pollute the arid states with our lakes. We think it's nice to be able escape the allergies, mosquitos, eelpouts, and millfoil with a nice dry trip to AZ. Besides, our lakes would just soak into the sand and kill the cacti.
  • Hello Fellow Forumites, this is joannie, coming to you from backstage at the pagaent. Let me tell you, things are buzzing. The nerves are running on high as the contestants wait to hear answers from Larry and Smace. Two contestants have broken down and conceded, but we can't allow that to happen. Please give all the contestants some encouragement. You know they only compete for your love and appreciation.

Back to you Q.
  • Could someone please cinch me? Little help here?
  • Point Updates (see post 20):

Paul
    Your support of your fellow forum men by getting their names thrown in to the hat is impressive. However, your description and introduction of SMace was BORING. Minus 1 point for poor sportsmanship. Total 16 out of 20.

Ray
    Q is right, Ray’s choice of tree was very clever, in spite of the red stillettos. We are therefore awarding Ray another 2 points. Trying to concede is cowardly. Minus 1 point. Total 16 out of 20.

Allsteaks
    Steaks! What are you doing making deals with other entertainment media while you are still performing in THIS one? Unfaithfulness and lack of integrity cost you 2 points. Total points: 16 out of 20.

The Twins
    The 1st half answer to the question was lame, but the 2nd half brought all kinds of visions to mind (again, we won’t go into details or whether the visions were pleasant or not). Too bad about not knowing how to put their costume on though. New Costume score: 6. Answer to the question: 10. Total score: 16 out of 20.

TKessler
    That blue gown looks absolutely fabulous with the red and yellow cape! Who would have thought such a combination would be so becoming? Unfortunately, you should wear the cape in the back and not in the front. Score for your costume: 8. You were really going well with your answer and headed straight for a 10. Unfortunately, you blew it by rooting for fellow contestants and then trying to bow out. Score for your answer: 8. Total score 16 out of 20.

SMace
    Pirate costumes are common, but always sexy. SMace is doing his proud. Score: 8 We will have to see how he does on his answer to his question to see how he fits in the total score.

LarryC
    I was dazzled by 10,000 everything. In fact there is so much of everything to see I could hardly recognize Larry. The tiara really makes the outfit though. Score: 9. I can’t wait to hear Larry’s 10,000 responses to the multi-part question.

Paul please quit being such a party pooper!

Ladies: What about the talent contest? Isn’t there going to be one?

Judge Nae

• Well, the talent portion is of the utmost importance! Otherwise, they'll think we like them because of their good looks - not because they can actually pat their heads while rubbing their stomachs.

My votes for talent competition:

(1) Best Shakespearian Insult
    (2) Best Haiku...subject: staplers
    (3) Best paragraph containing all 26 letters of the English alphabet (extra credit goes to contestants including the Greek alphabet as well)
    (4) Sudden-Death Plinko Match
  • Very good suggestions, Needcoffee. But I thought the fact that they all could actually type in their answers was the talent portion of the competition.

Q, since you are the founding partner in MFA, Inc., it is your ultimate decision as to the inclusion of a talent competition and what it should be. But let me interject this for consideration. When I was backstage earlier, the contestants are starting to look a bit weary for their efforts thus far.
  • I think we should end the torture before the day is out. I cannot imagine being forced to wear some of those getups for two days straight.

I am intrigued by Needcoffee's suggestions for a talent competition, however. Maybe we could start a whole new pageant, no costumes or stupid questions required, everyone is invited to participate. 'specially for the stapler-themed haiku contest.

Wait, that sounds like a normal thread.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 08-29-07 AT 12:56PM (CST)[/font][br][br]Final call to all contestants.

Larry & Smace, you have not answered your questions. Please post your responses or you will be disqualified.

Other contestants, I believe our Judge Nae could be swayed if the price was right. You boys better get busy.

Q, At what time will the final parade of contestants begin?
  • See post #52. The answer was......................................
    ..... yes
  • My most sincere apologies to Smace for overlooking his answer. And what a thoughtful answer it was. Judge Nae, although I am supposed to be impartial, in my opinion, Smace's answer is the most honest of the entire competition.
  • …..continued from post 20 and post 48

SMace
    His answer was dead on. Short and to the point. He should consider becoming a politician as such answers are sure to get votes. I give him an 8. Total score: 16 out of 20.

So far we have a 6 way tie, with the hold up being LarryC. I think he might have disqualified himself though by not visiting this wonderful forum lately.

In the case of a tie we need to hear from our beautiful emcees. Who do you vote for, and why?

Judge Nae

• You know, Judge Nae, we may need to rethink Larry's disqualification. His silence in itself could be the proper answer. No one's feelings are hurt, no one is made to look ridiculous, no one is angry. Sure Arizona is a little dry, but for goodness sake, most of it is a desert. It's supposed to be dry. If I were judge, I'd have to give Larry at least an 8, and possible a 9 or 10 for his answer.
  • His silence is worth 10,000 words. I'll give him an 8.

Total score for LarryC: 16 out of 20.

The BIG TIE continues. Who will win?

Judge Nae