Union of America

Have any of you heard that there is a proposal in Congress, apparently coming out of the Council on Foreign Relations, that will, in essence, create a "North America Union", much like the European Union. It would involve opening the borders to both Canada and Mexcio, allowing for free movement of labor betweeen the U.S., Canada and Mexico, as well as open up free trade zones, create a common currency, as well as blending many other aspects of the three countries. We no longer would be considered the United States of America, but would ALL be called the United Territories of North America (or something to that effect). Am I alone in my absolute disgust at this proposal to pretty much eliminate our sovereignty? I'm beginning to think the terrorists have been elected to Congress.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 06-21-05 AT 03:02PM (CST)[/font][br][br]I have heard about some sort of trade association based upon the European Union setup, but we are seeing what individual sovereignty is doing to that. It would be interesting to see the actual proposal, so see if it is really as drastic as you describe. I wouldn't support it.

In reality, even if this were proposed as you described, it would never pass muster with the American public, and in the final analysis, politicians respond to the public or they are out of office.
  • Haven't heard of this one yet, but I'll be doing my research and making my voice heard in opposition to it. No, you are not alone in your disgust. Isn't it pathetic that those who were elected by American's to represent and protect this great country work so diligently to denigrate and destroy it.
  • Let's take it a step further and just annex Mexico, Cental America and Canada.

My Social Security Account needs the additional tax base to become solvent!
  • No, wait! I have been looking forward to retiring part time in a foreign country. Annexation would just mean I would be crossing another state line.
  • Perhaps G3 could contact the offices of Feinstein and Boxer and determine the root of this whole thing. If anyone knows of it, those two certainly will. Bill Clinton is so anxious to land a UN position, he would kill to find a position of power in this proposal.
  • Haven't heard of this, but please stop them from doing it!

If it succeeds, it will prevent the secession of British Columbia and its merger with Washington and Oregon into the State of Cascadia, national government of which is to be decided by a best two-out-of-three round of rock/scissors/paper!

• ....he said, wiling away the hours fiddling while Rome burns and Mexifornia creeps northward, like the drunken musician playing while the Titanic listed.