May he rest in peace also

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 04-01-05 AT 01:01PM (CST)[/font][br][br]Just heard that Pope John Paul II died. It is a sad day. I knew it would be soon after seeing him on TV trying to say a prayer the other day. It just broke my heart.

Well, now they are saying his death is not official.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • This is what MSN News says:

MSNBC staff and news service reports
    Updated: 1:59 p.m. ET April 1, 2005•

VATICAN DENIAL | 1:55 p.m. ET

The Vatican denies reports that Pope John Paul II has died

• Looks like he's hanging on yet, but not far from death's door. I was about three years old when he became pope, so I don't know any other. He has been a good leader of the church, and although I've never seen him in person, I can say I love him dearly.

My grandmother was full-blood Polish, and my cousins and I think that the older the pope has gotten, the more he looks like her before she died. It has provided us some comfort - she lived her life just about as close to God as JPII has.

I think our next Pope will be from Latin America or Africa as a nod to Catholics in the developing countries. It is exciting to be going into a new stage of our church's history, but I'm going to miss this old guy.
  • He finally died on Saturday. It suprised me how affected I was by his death. I had not attended church regularly for about the past year and a half, but first thing Saturday when he died, I went to church. Our church was packed. It was really moving to see how many people were affected by his passing and how many came to church to pray for him.

I remember when he was chosen as Pope. I believe the reason people of all faiths were impressed with him is because of his kindness to everyone anywhere in the world. He was a great humanitarian.

He will be missed by many!
  • I am not Catholic, but I have the highest respect for Pope John Paul II. He seems to have personified goodness, love, peace, and understanding. He will be mourned by people of all religions. I cannot think of another religious leader who has had the worldwide impact of John Paul II. My deepest condolences to Catholics everywhere. You have lost a wonderful leader.