Kerry's Military Discharge

2»

Comments

• E Wart,
    I think you meant 4 MONTHS in Viet Nam, not 4 years! I have a son in Iraq, a husband and brother-in-law who served in Viet Nam. With the choice at hand we're all voting Bush! I've yet to understand why Kerry's campaign has focused so much on Viet Nam and so little on the years since then.
  • One more log on the fire:

Kerry's Dishonorable Discharge
    Mark Alexander (archive)
    October 23, 2004
    Never suppose that in any possible situation, or under any circumstances, it
    is best for you to do a dishonorable thing..."
    --Thomas Jefferson

"Reporting for duty"? For a guy who's hitched his entire presidential
    campaign to his military service record, John Kerry sure is parsimonious
    when it comes to releasing that record. As noted in this column on more than
    one occasion, Kerry has consistently refused to sign a Standard Form 180
    authorizing the Department of Defense to release all of his records.

George W. Bush's military records were so spotless that Dan Rather gleefully
    trotted out some fabricated documents in order to kick up a little dust. Of
    course, if Rather were a real journalist rather than just a TV talking head,
    he might actually develop a source who could find out what the remaining
    (approximately 100) pages in Kerry's DoD service jacket reveal.

What, exactly, is Kerry hiding? It is already common knowledge that most of
    his celebrated heroics were spurious, and that most of his medals were
    without merit. But given that the cat's already
    out of the bag, why not just sign the Standard Form 180?

For his part, Kerry claims he received an "Honorable Discharge" and that all
    his records have been released and are posted on his website, JohnKerry.com. But Kerry has refused to say when he
    received an Honorable Discharge. Indeed, some of his military records are
    posted on his site -- but not all of them. Here, an experienced eye can read
    enough into what has been released by Kerry to develop a good profile of
    what hasn't been released.

It is our considered opinion, therefore, that John Kerry was separated from
    the military under a less than honorable discharge.

Among Kerry's released records is a 1977 cover letter from Jimmy Carter's
    Navy Secretary, W. Graham Claytor. What is revealing about this document is
    that it notes Kerry's original discharge was subject to review by a "board
    of officers" -- yet no such review should be necessary for an Honorable
    Discharge.

The review was conducted in accordance with "Title 10, U.S. Code Section
    1162 and 1163," which pertains to grounds for involuntary separation from
    military service.
    ..."
    [url]http://www.townhall.com/columnists/markalexander/ma20041023.shtml[/url]

• Kerry requested an early discharge so that he could run for Massachusettes senator. The following article spells it out pretty clearly as to why he left the military and how and why he received the medals while in Vietnam.

[url]http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/service.asp[/url]

I'm not necessarily pro Kerry but I am sick of all the b.s. that is spouted about him. I don't like Bush bashing either and I am definetly not pro W.
  • Judy: What you like to characterize as B.S., most of the rest of us view as either true or very possibly true and worthy of discussion.
  • Well Don, as some others here have pointed out, the only logical assumption is that he is hiding something. May be something HUGE or may be something tiny. But we won't know because he won't tell us.

My husband served four tours in Nam - that's 4 YEARS, not months! He has nothing but disgust for Kerry. For Kerry to put so much emphasis on his Nam service is laughable by those that served in Nam. Hubby was shot three times while there. He was recently diagnosed with adult onset diabetes - studies have proven that exposure to agent orange increases the possibility of older adults developing diabetes. He has several burn scars from agent orange, a paritally numb upper left thigh, and many more "issues". We have been together over 12 years. In those 12 years he has never slept one full night. He's lucky to get a few hours at a time, he has horrible nightmares more nights then not.

The point here is that hubby would welcome anyone to view his full military record. So would all of his buddies from Nam. Why would Kerry hide anything? Unless there is something to hide.

It just makes me ill to think that he stands any chance at all of making it to the White House.

I'm not saying Bush is perfect, but he's got my vote, hubby's vote, and everyone we know that had any connection to Nam.

My son is really torked because he can't vote this year, he's only 17.