Anybody working today???

2»

Comments

• I'm working today - just got in as a matter of fact - it's about 9:30 a.m. I've got benefit bills to reconcile to ee's, a cell lead differential to draft up & the good news? I just got my new Workers Compensation Rate Notice & our experience factor dropped to it's lowest level in our 29 year history - an amazing .5989! It's a good day & I've got Christmas music on - only a couple of people here & someone sprung for donuts! I'm the Homer Simpson of my company when it comes to Doonutts! It's a good day & I'm excited for the new year! x:-)
  • Congratulations on the comp rate, Mwild. Ours dropped to .5642. Ho, hum. Must get more coffee. x:-)
  • Wow, great rate! Ours is 1.24 (shudder), but only 1 claim now in 18 months with a carrier looking to take us out of the pool, which will save us tons o dough.

Merry Christmas mwild.
  • Thanks guys & Merry Christmas to you as well! x:-)

Beagle - what an amazing rate! I just found out that ours is very low considering how we don't have a lot of reportable hours in comparison to larger companies - my risk finance person stuttered when I told her our new rate & said we "rock"!

• x:9

Some day, I'm going to compose a poetic ode to the mighty donut - I looooove them that much! (Thankfully, I'm not the size of Homer, so I can continue to enjoy them too x:-))
  • We used to buy Krispy Kremes for the store every Friday for our morning meetings. One time the GM was on vacation, and no one bought them. We nearly had a riot!

And I am a huge fan of the Simpsons.
    I have a Homer beer bottle opener that says: "mmmmmmmmmm..beer" when you use it. I don't drink alcohol but I just had to have it for our BBQ's.
  • I almost bought - had it in the cart and everything - the Christmas Homer. I cracked up when I heard him say, "mmmmmmmmm, Christmas cookies." & his famous Merry Christmas song. I don't really know why I rethought the purchase & put him back - maybe because I can only have him out for a couple of weeks throughout the year. Maybe I have some last minute shopping to do....

x:-)
  • Working til noon, about an hour from now, but doubt I'll get out that early. Already did some work at home, and stopped at a store on the way in to do some last minute shopping. It was fairly empty at 7:30 am!

My mom is at my house as we speak helping with last minute wrapping. She's my angel this Christmas!
  • My day:
    - alarm goes off at 5:30, I reset it for 6:30. (Just didn't wanna get up) Mother-in-law was already up, baking pies.
    - I dragged my heels getting myself and boys ready, and finally leave the house at 8:15AM
    - wander around the boys' preschool for 30 minutes chatting with the staff, delivering gifts to all the teachers who do such an amazing job with my children
    - stop at WalMart for last minute items
    - drive through Burger King for breakfast so I can skip lunch and hopefully leave early
    - stop at the restaurant I had lunch at yesterday to pay for our meals. A friend and I accidentally skipped out without paying - and neither of us realized it until late last night. x:-8
    - got to the office at about 10AM and logged on to the Forum. Been here ever since, and my inbox is making growling noises at me. I better give it some attention!

Merry Christmas, or happy whatever-you-happen-to-celebrate, everyone!
  • Pheww!!! Finished the interviews and the paychecks finally show up at 11:45 - only one day late. Big mob scene with people getting checks to leave early and cash them before the banks closed. Funny, it was a couple of former ee's picking up their last checks that complained the most about them being late.

Just going to coast through the rest of the afternoon.
  • So Ray, are we the only two left at work today? Im here till 5 and it's going slllloooowwwww!
  • You two are not alone so please behave accordingly. Watch out for Ray, April Showers, I think this is his week to be the evil twin.x;-)

I am out of here following a couple of more posts. Have a Merry Christmas.
  • I'm outta here...a joyous Christmas to you all!
  • Have a good one too. I was just told I could leave at 4:30 instead of 5 - so you better believe I will be gone soon too :)

Thanks for the warning, Marc - I will watch out for Ray when there is a possiblity he is the "evil" twin
  • Okay, so I didn't get gone. I had to stay and collect payroll paperwork that was drop dead, absolutely, positively supposed to be in today. But only until three. That's nine minutes from now. The clock is ticking!