Bare naked ladies

2»

Comments

• Yes, we do criminal checks, but only for certain positions (access to money, pharmaceuticals, etc).

We have 625 employees spread out over 50 offices in 2 counties.

• [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 08-22-03 AT 07:19AM (CST)[/font][p]I thought that this was going to be another discussion of crop tops and capri pants!

Yes, we do - we have about 250 employees.

I just noticed that I seem to have moved to Florida overnight - gee, just when we're getting an isolated "cool" day in Nebraska!
  • IT DEPENDS ON THE POSITION; MANAGEMENT/SUPERVISOR/CDL TRUCK DRIVERS/ APPLICANTS WHO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION AND SIGNS THE AUTHORIZATION FORM ON THE BACK, ALL GET BACKGROUND CHECKS. ADDITIONALLY, THE VAST MAJORITY DO NOT GET BACK GROUND CHECKS, UNLESS ON THE APPLICATION THEY RESPOND "YES" TO CRIMINAL ACTIVITY. A "YES" RESPONSE PERKS MY EYES, EARS, AND NOISE AND WE CHECK OUT THE RESPONSE UNTIL WE LEARN OF THE VI0LANT/NON-VIOLANT NATURE OF THE CRIMINAL ACTIVITY; THE PAROLE OFFICER IS THE PERSON IN WHICH I GET REAL TRUE INFORMATION. FROM TIME TO TIME I WILL GIVE A DEPUTY SHERIFF/ALSO A RETAINED SECURITY GUARD A LIST OF NAMES AND SSNs TO RUN BACKGROUND CRIMINAL CHECKS FOR US. WE HAVE FOUND SEVERAL OVER THE COURSE OF 4 YEARS TO HAVE A RECORD FOR WHICH THEY LIED ON THE APPLICATION; THESE INDIVIDUALS ARE THEN EVALUATED BY THE DEPARTMENT MANAGER FOR REVIEW AND GUIDANCE ON HOW HE/SHE DEPARTMENT HEAD WANTS THIS OFFICE TO HANDLE THIS CASE. MOST OF THE TIME, THEY ARE GRATEFUL FOR THE INFORMATION AND THEY WISH TO KEEP THE BACKGROUND INFORMATION IN THE FILE, AND NO ACTION BE TAKEN AT THIS TIME.

Good luck and may you have a Blessed day!

PORK
  • We did at my former employer (125 employees). However, we were sending some of our folks out to our clients locations (sales and installation). We did use these at times, but also made exceptions at time. Therefore, I didn't feel good about having this information. (If we had hired someone and sent them to a client's location and something happened, we could have had some liability issues.)
    We do not check at my present employer (with 200+ employees). We are manufacturing and all of our employees stay on our premsis.

E Wart
  • We do criminal background checks and have approximately 140 employees. We are a healthcare provider and are required to although I think we would regardless. We also do pre-employment drug testing and physicals.
  • 1. No criminal checks, just pre-employment drug screen and physical
    2. 20,000+ nationwide
  • 1. All offers are contingent on an "acceptable" criminal history (or lack of it, of course). EXCEPTIONS: I only run criminal checks on males and clothed females. Barenaked ladies have been allowed to skip this step.

2. 320 employees.
  • Yes, we do criminal checks - 650+ employees in seven states. Also do pre-employment physicals and drug screens.
  • Ok, I have been avoiding this thread for days and I finally gave in to see this???? Great job.

We do criminal background, federal and state. We have 301 employees. We use ACS Data Search and we have been very pleased with them. We used to us Clarence Kelley, but they kept missing things, so we switched. So far, so good.

• I guess you never met Clarence Kelley.

Great resume - but last known thought was in the mid-to-late-'80s.
  • Yes, I do criminal background checks on all of our new hires. My company has 1500 employees.