milestones

2»

Comments

• I wouldn't mind coming there. It sounds like a great place to visit and/or live. I don't know why, but for some reason people are just not as interested in visiting us here in Kansas. And don't blame the snow and ice we had yesterday because we are supposed to have 50's by Sunday. Besides, they have snow and ice in NYC. I don't see it stopping people from visiting there.

We are really charming people, and we have a person every couple of miles or so. We are definitely worth checking out.
  • Nae, Paul lives in a wonderful area to visit. We vacationed on the Oregon Coast last year (my stepkids live there) and we'll be there again next year. I highly recommend it.

You and I have the opposite problem....nobody wants to visit Kansas, but everybody wants to visit Alaska. It's interesting to live in a place that everyone kind of views as basically just one big vacation destination....we get something like 750,000 tourists here every year from May - September (we're a major stop for all the cruise ships) and I swear, some people are actually surprised that this is a real, working town with year-round residents that doesn't roll up the sidewalks the minute the last cruise ship of the season leaves.
  • Hey Nae, thanks for the kind words; being tall is just another disfunction we learn to live with. One thing being overlooked in Paul's solicitation are the specific days and hours; these are obviously visiting hours, so just what kind of institution are you in Paul?
    I've been to the coast of Washington state so would presume Oregon's is just as beautiful. It would be a nice place to visit. So Paul, does your institution offer any HR type seminars that we could convince our bosses we need to attend? "Dealing with psychopaths in the workplace" would be good!!! "Promoting an AA/NA atmosphere in the workplace" would also work. Any other thoughts?

• Nae, I lived in Kansas, so I don't mind visiting. Just maybe not too close to Wichita. (Ugh.)
  • Steaks, you mention Paul being in an institution and psychopaths all in the same paragraph. Are you implying Paul is a psychopath?
  • Oh no, nothing like that at all; no, no Paul certainly doesn't fall into that type of behavioral category. He may just be misunderstood from time to time, isn't that right Paul? And if that was the inference people received from my message it was certainly unintentional; hear that Paul, it wasn't meant that way, okay??

• Steaks, you sound paranoid.
  • I don't like the term institution. I prefer "a highly structured and occasionally medicated environment".
  • I worked in one, and I think you mixed your words up. It should have been "Highly medicated and occasionally structured."