It's over

One of the candidates conceded, waahoo it’s over.:DD

Comments

• 44 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • News conference within the hour. I got ribeyes comin'!
  • Ooohh....Ribeyes... Send one to Florida! I think I will have to visit my favorite 2 for 1 spot around the corner to celebrate!

I hope you all have a GREAT day!!

Shelley
  • I'm echoing your sentiments with a Northern accent! x;-)

• Celebrate ---- then it's time to heal.
  • OK Mark, what's the best way to heal a hangover?
  • Haven't tried it, but there is a new product out called "Chaser" - I think. Or, try hair of the dog with a friend who voted for Kerry. It really only puts the hangover off, but then you'll have company - misery loves company.
  • I think I'll just continue to cry in my beer. Misery loves company and my boss and I are both in bad moods today for the same reason. Enjoy your victory.
  • I'm meeting Judy, Whirlwind and Celeste at Outback and I'm payin'. The table is limited to four, sorry.
  • Which Outback is smack dab in the middle of a triangle between Mississippi, Texas, and Kentucky? I'm on my way.
  • x:'( x:'(

To slightly steal this posting..I am disgusted with the way both Republicans and Democrats are conducting campaigns. This was a nasty, dirty campaign year. Furthermore, by the third debate (when both candidates had been very clearly "brainwashed" about what to say) I felt that the questions should have been answered "Ditto." The campaign reform spending law obviously means zilch.
  • After careful review by the league office, the Redskins actually won that game Sunday!
  • I know I'll bounce back shortly, but man, what a disappointment. Congratulations to the Republicans and George Bush. President Bush didn't win by a landslide, so I hope he and his folks will work with the Democrats to help this great nation and not use this win to further divide us. Okay, now back to crying in my beer - scoot over Judy x:-)
  • Read an interesting comment in the Wall Street Journal:

(paraphrasing)
    "Just before the Spanish elections, terrorists blow up a train. Just before the Austrailian elections, their embassy in Jakarta gets hit. And all we get is this lousy videotape."

Goes to show you, something must be working.
  • Yeah a lot of crap came from each camp (and usually does) but don't you think the media fans the flames considerably as they know what sells? I blame them more than the candidates.

Cheryl
  • Okay, Don, et al -- you didn't invite me along so I will stay home by the fire with cheese and wine, and warm my hurting heart.

Enjoy your beer and that wonderful blooming onion, and let's work together for this terrific land of ours!
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 11-03-04 AT 01:50PM (CST)[/font][br][br]Sorry. I had a lapse and momentarily considered you a Republican. You and Whatever may come but are limited to the children's menu. I'm on a fixed income. I think the triangular center of Texas, Mississippi and Kentucky may be right out behind the Clinton Library in Little Rock.
  • Can I bring my Teddy Bear and a lollipop (beer flavored, of course)?
  • Can I bring my gay married friends? :-)
  • Hey, Don, I wanna come, too! I am so glad it's all over...one more political ad and I would've gone postal!
  • If we meet in Little Rock, yes. But Mississippi voted in a constitutional ammendment yesterday not recognizing such unions. Maybe they'd do the 'don't ask, don't tell' thing. And no gesturing or outlandish behaviors under the tablecloth mind you. Remember, Outback's slogan is 'No Rules, Just Right'. x:-)
  • UH...mwild, the Republicans are the mojority & in control. It is the Dem's that need to reach across the aisle and find a way to work with the Republican's (quote from the Democrats changed slightly..the Dem's told the Rep's to work with them when the Dem's were in power). Now that the show is on the other foot, the Dem's just can;t stand it.
  • You're right slogan, but I just can't stand it x;-)
  • Three and a half million popular votes difference with a majority (over 50%, duh) is a landslide by modern definition. He got more votes than any candidate in America's history and you guys are saying he MUST find a way to alter his methods and tailor his actions to accommodate or welcome Democrats. This position should be rethought. The party of partial birth abortion, widespread socialization, entitlement programs, redistribution of wealth, redefinition of America's morals, higher taxes, tax and spend programs and more and bigger government had better be about the business of toning down their platform or they will not exist in the next ten years, and they will fade away quicker than that if they trott out Hillary Clinton in pink. This isn't Don D. in particular speaking. This is the voice of a majority of the American electorate and this is the mainstream.
  • Fifty percent is not a landslide for an incumbent. It means that the other fifty percent of American voters did not vote for him.

We already have many entitlements for people who have children that they cannot afford to support, i.e., food stamps, WIC, housing subsidies, earned income credit, children tax credits, dependent care tax credit. People with children get money back in refunds that they never paid in. These are in place with the current administration. It doesn't matter how they are taking care of these children. Often the money from these entitelments is spent on trips, television sets and other parent comforts. Is this OK with you?

Morals should not be legislated by the government. It's much too subjective.

I don't want bigger government. I don't want redistribution of wealth, but I'm very concerned about the opinion of other countries. We share this planet with other countries and I have a problem with a president who does not care about this.

So, I'm not sure what changes people who voted for Bush were afraid of. He has to do a better job, not pacification of the democrats.
  • I don't disagree at all with you Irene. But, you must know that everything mentioned in your second paragraph was implemented by democrat presidents and/or democrat congresses, most notably LBJ, et al, circa 1964-5.

I agree that 'morals should not be legislated by the government'. But I believe that moral foundations should be, if not laid by the government, allowed by the government to EXIST if that is the will of the people.

While it is true that 'morals should not be legislated by the government', the larger truth is that immorality should not be legislated by the government. And that statement should be posted in the glass announcement case on the front lawn of every church in America this Saturday morning.

While you may not want bigger government and redistribution of wealth, it is a fact that those are the two largest planks of the Democrat party platform today and for the past 40 years.

We can all work toward a better positioning of ourselves in a larger global community. That may be an admirable goal worthy of some examination.

As to "what changes people who voted for Bush were afraid of", that's an awkward way to look at it. I didn't even consider what changes I was afraid of. I only considered voting for what I wanted continued, moved to a higher level and built upon.

• The election is over. Bush has been declared the winner.

Enough already. Time to move on.
  • Rita, I have a different take on this. Yes, the election is over, and yes, it's time to move on. But just because the election itself is over doesn't mean that the issues and challenges facing this country are resolved, and maybe part of moving on means continuing the dialog.

Perhaps this is naive and foolishly optimistic, but I believe that the mutually respectful exchange of ideas and opinions will contribute to that "healing" we keep hearing so much about.

Maybe even more naive and foolishly optimistic, I like to remember that this country was founded on dissent, and America will benefit the most when her citizens are fully engaged in the process other than just around election times. I fully intend to continue to be an activist for my beliefs for the next four years, and I would expect no less of my worthy opponents.