memorable quotes - please add your own...

2»

Comments

• Do not forget this chestnut:
    Everyone in the world is crazy but thee and me and sometimes I worry about thee.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 09-02-04 AT 05:42PM (CST)[/font][br][br]I don't know if it's memorable or even meaningful to others, but I always say, "Indecision, IS a decision."

I mainly say it or think it about folks that seem to relish the idea that they are "on the fence" about an issue/situation/decision, etc. Not knowing for sure which way to jump or not having enough information to jump, with no end in sight, seems to be just another way to stay in the "I don't know" world forever and, to me, it impacts the issue/situation/decision just as much as a right or wrong "jump".
  • "What amazes me is the huge number of quotes attributed to persons who never actually said it in the first place." Don D.

I am impressed and appreciative that someone mentioned Tallulah Bankhead, who was my dad's first cousin.

"The only thing I can count on now is my fingers." Merle Haggard.
  • From Will Rogers, "Never pass up a chance to go to the bathroom". From my 5 year old grandson, Connor, who had the assignment to finish the following quotation "It's always darkest before..." he completed - "You turn the lights on." From Yogi Berra, "When you come to a fork in the road, take it." Also from Mr. Berra, "It ain't over till it's over."
  • "We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."

Winston Churchill

It's the "we shall never surrender" piece that I really like, however, I thought it appropriate to include the entire quote.

• >"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost
    >may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall
    >fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in
    >the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in
    >the hills; we shall never surrender."
    >
    >Winston Churchill
    >

Damn, I could have sworn that was the mantra of most of us this summer when the Forum Gestapo was about to ban all the non-subscribers. x:D