Trucks 'n T-Shirts

On the way to work this morning I began passing a semi and was already next to his trailer when he decided he liked my lane better. I realized there was no way I was going to pass him and stay on the pavement, so I hit the brakes hard to get behind him. Good thing I was wearing my new HR Hero T-Shirt today! It probably saved my life.x:7

Comments

• 45 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'd like to see some pictures given you have your new t-shirt. Glad you are safe!
  • I'm having some pictures taken today and will send them in. Took quite a bit of harassment when I walked around the manufacturing floor. Everybody got a big kick from me being "HR Man". Two people asked about the tights. As I walked away I heard one lady comment that that was not a good mental picture.
  • I've heard a lot about the t-shirts - where do they come from and what did you do to earn it?

• Melissa,

Scroll down to the Forum Speculations thread, about entry 48 you will read this:

"If anyone wants to take Margaret up on her idea of taking your picture in an HR Hero T-shirt, e-mail me at [email]WebEditor@HRhero.com[/email] and I'll send you a shirt. You'll have to get your picture taken wearing the T-shirt (pants too, for anyone who's unclear about the dress code) and post the photo here on Employers Forum."

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com

I did just that, emailed requesting a t-sirt and it arrived at home earlier this week. This came from the thread on Don where he had his picture taken in his back yard on his motorcycle in front of his bottle tree. We started "speculating" what each other looked like then came the offer for the t-shirts. I suggested we have our pictures taken doing something we were noted for on the the forum. I will be sending a couple of pictures in to James this coming Monday to post.

• Ray, thanks for the info . . . I followed the Forum Speculations, but must have missed the t-shirt opportunity. I'm going to have to follow up with Margaret. The only pictures I've seen so far are Don and Paul, I'll be waiting for your pic!
  • Am I to understand that one might be disatisfied after only having a photo of Don and Paul? And they need another photo? Wellll! But, what's to stop guys like Ray from absconding with the shirt and not sending in the photo? He may decide to leap tall buildings instead.
  • Not disatisfied with the previous pics at all . . . by the way . . . did you make any of your motorcycle rendezvous trips?

I'm just anxious to put faces with names, especially with those stunning shirts on!
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-25-03 AT 01:26PM (CST)[/font][p]Actually Don, I'm wearing my shirt at work today and have had quite a few comments, and probably sniggers behind my back. A couple of the women asked if I had blue tights to go along with the shirt. And I've been asked about a red cape.

Who knows, after people see my picture they may forget about you. Or, they may say you are the lesser of two evils.

Oh, and Don, if you haven't been out to rendevous with Rita, be careful I'm headed to Phoenix end of next month. I may steal your girl.
  • I have it from a reliable source that Ray's picture will soon join the other Forum Fellows Pin ups. .Stay tuned. .
  • Ray, Good thing you were wearing your T-shirt! It's a proven fact that people wearing HR Hero T-shirts have never been crushed by a semi, hit by lightning, or struck by a meteor! Pretty impressive, if you ask me. x;-)

We haven't perfected the leap-tall-buildings-in-a-single-bound feature, but the shirts are XL, so a stiff tail wind will push you along.

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com
  • Ray: By my count, you have worn the shirt at home once, down the freeway once and now to work. Please wash it before you go to Arizona. If you had it tucked in when the 18 wheeler almost flattened you, you may have to wash it twice. (Be sure to wash like colors separately in cold water and lay flat to dry under a ceiling fan).

• Don, it is in the wash as we "speak". Or at least it better be if my wife is doing her work. And of course it was tucked in when I wore it to work and almost hit by the semi. Anyone who has as much "class" as I do as indicated by my interaction on this forum and with the famous Don D. would not think of wearing an untucked shirt to work. Don, I appreciate your concern and the washing instructions which I will pass on to the little woman.

Rita, how'm I doing? Am I fighting nice enough? x:D
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-28-03 AT 11:01AM (CST)[/font][p]Ray, I no longer need to see a picture of you . . .

. . . based on that e-mail, I can already tell what you look like. x:D
  • Yeah, Ray, as long as you stop making references to sending washing instructions to the little woman!
  • If my wife only knew my logon password was the name of her car, I'd be in big trouble. You ladies flamed me very nicely.

Actually, I think you misinterpreted what I meant. My wife weighs about 100 lbs less than I do - so compared to me she is "little". You didn't think I was being demeaning, do you?
  • Whatever, ray. Keep diggin'. We didn't miss the meaning behind your words. That good ole boy chat you were having with Don. xx(

• Nice try Ray, but I don't think I'm buying. How about you, mjindra?
  • Ray, I think that in two posts you have successfully managed to stick your foot in your mouth up to your knee and only major surgery could remove it. Nice goin' guy! x;-)
  • I get myself into more trouble when I try to keep up with Don.

Mea culpa, Ladies. I was just kidding and expected to get flamed. For the record, I do not refer to my wife as the "little woman" nor treat as one.

So, what will it take to get back into your good graces?
  • >So, what will it take to get back into your good graces?

If I were them, I'd hold out for several thousand dollars in small, unmarked bills delivered in a brown paper bag in the dead of night. x;-)

• I can't disagree with Parabeagle . . . that may do it. That, or chocolate.

What would really win me over is if you do the laundry at your home every day for the next week, and send us a picture (in your HR t-shirt) folding your wife's clothes. Then we'll pretend this never happened. Of course, we need verification from your lovely bride that you have followed through.

What do you say, Leslie?
  • You ladies are tough. Parabeagle, I hope you never get into trouble. If so, I'll be sitting back and laughing.

Bet you think I couldn't do it. Back in May my wife had major surgery and was in the hospital for 16 days. When she came home, she was still limited in what she could do. So, for about a month I did the dishes, the laundry, and I am still doing the vacuuming - doctor's orders with the vacuuming.

Chocolate sounds good. Do you want delivered personally? I'll be in Leslie's neighborhood in about 4 weeks.
  • Ladies, ladies, ladies. Where are your manners. In all of Ray's postings, this is the first time he wrote something that obviously was misunderstood by the female forumites. He has always displayed a sense of comraderie with us and towards us. To behave in such an uncivil manner does not become you.

Ray, you owe me big time. x:P
  • Thank you Rita. For starters, you can have Parabeagle's box of chocolates - he gets nothing.

Notice how Don has stayed away from this one? Probably hiding behind his bottle tree.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-28-03 AT 12:15PM (CST)[/font][p]ray said, "Don, it is in the wash as we "speak". Or at least it better be if my wife is doing her work."

ritaanz, what about this did we take the wrong way? Are you ray's sister or something, that you're trying to save his butt? Just let us give him a hard time.

(He obviously feels a tinge of guilt, we're scheduling our chocolate delivery as we "speak").

Ray, I'll take mine delivered, there's no way for me to explain to you where New Holstein, Wisconsin is. x:-)
  • Is it anywhere near Milwaukee? I have a buddy living there.

I'm supposed to be interviewing a candidate for Director of Program Manangement in about 40 minutes. This guy is very professional and will be dressed very well, I'm sure. I've been having too much fun to get serious all of a sudden.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-28-03 AT 12:25PM (CST)[/font][p]I'm 80 miles Northwest of Milwaukee . . . actually I'll be in Milwaukee on Wednesday, flying to Orlando! I guess I'll have to wait on the chocolate.
  • No chocolate for me Ray. Not my favorite.

But you are heading my way, and I can be easily bribed into niceness with something else. How's the pizza up by you x:D?