How many of you are on diets?

2»

Comments

• Tried my first real attempt at a diet on January 1, 2003. Stayed on the Atkins plan for three months and lost 70 pounds. After losing 70 pounds it just seemed to stop working. I must admit that I have put back on 15 pounds in the 3 1/2 moonths since, so I guess it is time about time to try it again. Had no trouble with my weight unitl I hit my mid-30's and then just all of a sudden I started packing on the pounds. Figured some of it had to be genetic as most of my Mom's family are BIG people. Of course this was also about the same time that I married and got off the road and started eating home cooked meals everyday. Got to the the point that I was almost as big around as I am tall. Good luck to all of you.
    Dutch2
  • Everytime I say "diet" my hubby says "let's go to Dairy Queen". He must have invented the ice cream diet. I like mjindra's idea... no food after 7:00. I don't eat all day and work until 7:00, so IF I could stick to that I'd shed pounds like crazy!

I've spent most of my life dieting and getting discouraged. Now I've changed my focus. Since my lifestyle is mostly sendentary I've set up an exercise room at home and work out 3 evenings a week.
  • I have been unsuccessfully dieting for months but its hard because I don't really have much to lose, only 5-10 pounds so I can justify slacking off. But lots of my clothes don't fit right and a few days ago a co-worker asked me if I lost weight or was I wearing my "fat dress"?
  • I work in a mirror manufacturing company. We have mirrors that are 8'x8'. When you walk by those enough, you realize that you really do need to lose weight. I started working here 3 years ago and it took me one year before I found out what would work for me. I have tried many diets over the years also. I tried the Atkins diet a few years ago and lost 10 lbs. in 2 weeks before going to the beach. It only took me one week to put it back on. I tried it again a year later, but I had started working out every day. I felt so bad, not getting the energy from the carbs, that I had to quit that one. Finally, I did weight watchers about 2 years ago. I lost 20 lbs. in two months and didn't feel deprived at all. I kept that off and this summer have gone back on it and lost another 10 lbs. I feel wonderful. The thing I like about the weight watchers points is that nothing is forbidden, you just have to count the points. I like finding low or no point foods and snacking on them. Some popcorn is 0 points, so I keep it in my desk drawer and if I get hungry, I pop it in the microwave for a quick snack. Also, I start my week on Monday and only eat the minimum points each day so that I can save them up and enjoy my weekends. That helps me.

Good luck on the dieting!