JOB ABANDONMENT-HELP!!

2»

Comments

• [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 12-30-03 AT 05:17PM (CST)[/font][br][br]Don, yes.

It may not be in your mind. But I think it is.

I also9think you have some problem with me responding to posts.

This is about the 4th or 5th time in the past couple of months that you've made some snide or backhanded remark about me or my posts that I feel was uncalled for.

I've let it go in the past. But I'm getting tired of them.

I've made my pitch. You can either respond or not. It's not relevant to me any longer what you do or say.
  • If you will go back for a moment and re-read your post that I replied to, you will see why I replied as I did. Your post went to the trouble to point out that you had 20 years experience and went on to say that your theory was better than mine. What a childish approach to the discussion. I could care less how much time you have in the public sector or in union work. Neither of those makes your opinion or approach to a problem any better or worse than mine. I hope you will understand that and agree with it. But it you do not, then you do not. I have endured your snide remarks about the South and my slant on problems perhaps being less educated because I live where I do and not on the left coast. You will find the answer to your concerns in your own posts, not in mine. I appreciate your myopic view of Human Resources but often will not agree with it.
  • My complaint is primarily with your idotic statement that "industry would not survive" with the process that I was suggesting. If YOU go back and read my original post, I acknowledge that the process may be more than needed in "at will" situations, but I thought it could save UI costs. That it would destroy industry isI consider to be a snide remark similar to others you have posted about me and my posts (for example, I refer to one you did in October regarding a ADA). I certainly do believe that it is a more likely to be supported in union and public sector environments than declaring the emplyee to have abandoned the job at this point and terminating the employee without any further contact.

I don't recall having made any offesive remakrs aobut the South. I certaily don't mind if you want to call the West Coast as the "Left Coast."
    But that is different than what you have been doing rewgarding my posts.

• Okay Hatchetman and Don--time for a time out. I respect both of your opinions. However, words like idiotic, childish etc. are not what I am use to from either of you. I hope that all the venting is over and come next year, we can again express our opinions (sometimes a little sarcastically)in good faith and accept the comments of others with graciousness. Disagreements are what have made this site wonderful. Have a happy, healthy New Year!!! xhugs
  • Agree with HS. I do recall a thread a couple of months ago when Hatchetman and Don D got into a discussion regarding an FLSA issue. I found this discussion to be very educational to me. I also recall that Don has given "props" to Hatchetman on more than one occasion for the depth of his knowledge in certain areas.

Surprising exchange. Moving on.
  • I appreciate everybody's view on the threads on the Forum. None of them is unimportant. Mine is important and so is yours. Although I disagree with many posts and enjoy presenting my own case, you won't find me calling anyone an idiot or telling them their position is less important. And, being a 20 year government employee in a union environment in the state of California by no means gives you any special place at the podium. I don't think anything any of the posters says is idiotic. But if I do, I don't reckon I'll point that out in public as you have. The debate as to employers closing up shop can easily be aided by using your state as an example. So, the question as to where the idiocy lies is still open. I'm not one to post ad infinitum sections or quotes out of the federal register or copy and paste reams of material regarding ADA. Nor will you find me to be anal retentive regarding state manuals on process. If you find that you cannot entertain opinions and thought streams other than those, you have the option of skipping over my responses. I learn everyday on The Forum and I hope occasionally I can help another person out. Feedback indicates I do on occasion. I sense, however, that you are open to no opinion other than your own and you bristle when an alternative is presented. Again, I find no relevance in your continual assertion that you have 20 years in the public sector including union experience. I have 25 years experience in the public and an additional 9 in the private sector, including union experience.....which is equally irrelevant. The best way to present your position is not necessarily by attacking or ridiculing mine. Have a happy new year. It is respectfully requested that the Forum Police not remove these posts but consider the fact that we are both adults capable of handling each other's objections. Maybe someone can learn from them.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 12-31-03 AT 01:01PM (CST)[/font][br][br]Don, I would respond to you, but I see this "discussion" is going no place.

So, you go on your way with what you want to post and I'll go on my way. Where we agree fine. Where we disagree fine. I agree that we don't need to demean each other in doing either. Let's move on.
  • I for one miss the "old" (no pun intended) Don.
  • I have learned a lot of good HR information from both Don D and Hatchetman over the years. Please don't let your personal feelings be seen on the Forum. We really don't care about them and if you must, send messages to each other privately but don't dirty-up the Forum. We're here to learn and yes have fun. Mudslinging isn't fun for any of the participants. Thank you.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 12-31-03 AT 11:32PM (CST)[/font][br][br]Happy New Year to you as well. x:-)