Need Policy Sample

I work for a chain of hotel properties.  We are in need of a policy that will provide guidelines for employee conduct as far as dating other employees and haaving it affect the day to day business of serving our hotel guests.

Also we have issues with employees and guests.  We need something and I know you have to be careful how it is worded. 

I would be so grateful if someone could send me a policy to work from.  HELP PLEASE

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added

• We are in the gym/fitness environment and here is our "non fraternization policy" for employees..... 
    "In order to avoid conflicts, misunderstandings, complaints of favoritism, problems of supervision, security, morale, and possible claims
    of sexual harassment, Companymaintains a strict policy against certain interpersonal kinds of fraternization.
    The policy forbids managers and supervisors to date, pursue, or maintain a romantic or sexual relationship with employees who they
    supervise, directly or indirectly.
    Occasionally, co-workers become involved in a romantic or sexual relationship where both parties are consenting adults and the
    relationship in no way adversely impacts each individual’s right to work in a harassment free environment. In the event that the
    relationship creates problems relative to Equal Employment Opportunity issues, including, but not limited to, sexual harassment
    problems, each individual accepts full economic responsibility for any subsequent legal action or recourse the other party initiates."

Conduct with customers is found under Conflict of Interest policies:
    "Company expects its employees to devote their full work time, energies, abilities, and attention to our
    business. Employees are expected to avoid situations that create an actual or potential conflict between the employee’s personal
    interests and the interests of the Company. Employees who, because of other work or activities, cannot make this commitment may be
    asked to end their employment.
    A conflict of interest exists when an employee’s loyalties or actions are divided between Company and a
    competitor, supplier, or customer. Employees who are unsure whether a certain transaction, activity, or relationship constitutes a
    conflict of interest should discuss the situation with their supervisor or a member of management for clarification. Any exceptions to
    this policy must be approved in writing by the Director of Human Resources."  and it goes on to give specific examples.....