End of the Year

Hello,

- This is the end of the year and i would like to know what to verify in employees files for the coming year?

- What employees document do I need to verify or change for the coming year?

- I would like to know if the benefits leaves will go back to zero for the next year.

- Where to put the W-4 forms in employees files?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • [quote user="bruxcia"]

Hello,

- This is the end of the year and i would like to know what to verify in employees files for the coming year?

- What employees document do I need to verify or change for the coming year?

- I would like to know if the benefits leaves will go back to zero for the next year.

- Where to put the W-4 forms in employees files?

[/quote]

I like to get address updates.

Leave banks will be determined by your policy but be aware that some states don't allow "use it or lose it" vacation plans.  What state are you in?

The W-4 can be stored in an employee file or a payroll file or almost any file that you can map back to the employee and the year.  Where in the file is up to your own internal filing plan.

• hello,

Thank you for responding to my concerns. I am in Maryland and in will check for the "use it or lose it' vacation plans.

• MD does not have a use it or lose it law.  It is up to your policy, which needs to be clearly communicated to all employees and new hires.   Be aware that MD does have the Flexible Leave Act.  You can find more information on this at this website:

http :// www.dllr.state.md.us/labor/wagepay/wpflexleave.htm