Telecom/ Flex time/ Work from home

“I am an intern researching telecommuting/ work from home/ flex time policies. I am interested in hearing from people who have already implemented such policies within their company/organization. Would you be willing to share your policy with me? Have you found that there is anything you would have done differently now that you are seeing how the policy in action? Are your employee's following your policy? Do you have any tips that I should consider before moving forward with telecom/ WFH? What have been key success factors for this program? What have the drawback been? Thank you for your help. I appreciate your thoughts.”

dcapasso@mtb.com

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I just sent you our WFH policy.  Basically, an employee is able to work from home if they live 50+ miles from the nearest office location, or they need it as "reasonable accommodation".  We have not had any issues with this policy since it is fairly quantitative and straight-forward.  The biggest drawback, however, is getting managers to have regular communication with home-based employees. I think they can feel isolated much of the time.