employee handbook

i am looking for a form that can be signed showing acceptance of receiving the employee handbook.  can someone please help me.  thank you!

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Here is one of ours:

The employee handbook describes important information about COMPANY and I understand that I should consult my supervisor or the Human Resources Department regarding any questions not answered in the handbook. I have entered into my employment relationship with COMPANY voluntarily and acknowledge that there is no specified length of employment, nor is this handbook a contract of employment for a specified length of time. Accordingly, either COMPANY or I can terminate the relationship at will, with or without cause, at any time. I acknowledge that any revisions to the handbook will be communicated through official written notices approved by the President of COMPANY or his or her specified designee. The President of COMPANY has the ability to adopt any revisions to the policies in this handbook. I have received the handbook and I understand that in consideration for my employment it is my responsibility to read and comply with the policies contained in this handbook and any revisions made to it.

Here is the other:

I acknowledge that I have received L Inc.’s Employee Handbook ("the Handbook"), dated January 1, 2006 and understand that violations of the policies contained in the Handbook, including the anti-harassment policy, could result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I further understand that the information contained in the Handbook represents guidelines for L Inc. and that L Inc. reserves the right to modify the Handbook or amend or terminate any policy, procedure, or employee benefit program at any time.

I further understand that the contents of the Handbook do not form a written employment contract.  Either L Inc. or I have the right to terminate my employment at any time.

I further understand that no manager, supervisor or representative of L Inc., other than the President or Vice-President, has any authority to enter into any agreement guaranteeing employment for any specific period of time.  I also understand that any such agreement, if made, will not be enforceable unless it is in writing and signed by both parties.  I also understand that an agreement made by the President or Vice-President of L Inc. is not binding on L Inc. unless it is agreed to in writing by the President or Vice-President of L Inc.

I further understand that if I have any questions about the interpretation or application of any policies contained in the Handbook, I should direct these questions to the on-site supervisor.

• This is our acknowledgement:

I acknowledge that I have received and had the opportunity to read the contents of this handbook, and I agree to abide by the rules and standards set forth in the handbook.  I know I can find all Company policies posted on the HR Web, and have had the opportunity to review the policies.  I know who to contact if I have questions about anything in the handbook or in the posted policies, and I know I may go to this person at anytime should I have questions.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPT OF <<edition number>> EDITION

EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK (<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><<revision date>>)

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

By signing this form, I acknowledge that I have received a copy of the Employee Handbook.  I understand that I have an obligation to read and follow all of the policies and procedures in the handbook.  In the event I have any questions regarding any of this information, I understand that I should discuss it with my supervisor or with an authorized member of the Human Resources department.

I understand that the Employee Handbook represents only a brief summary of the current policies, regulations, and benefits, and that it does not create a contract of employment.  Management retains the right in all instances to make the final determination regarding interpretation of any policy.  The Human Resources department should be contacted for further clarification of any specific policy.  The Company retains the right to change these policies and benefits as it deems advisable at any time and without further notice.

Also, I understand that I am an employee at will and that I have the right to terminate my employment at any time, with or without cause, and that the Company has a similar right.  I further understand that my status as an at-will employee may not be changed except in writing signed by the President of the Company.

Print Full Name

Signature

Date

(This page is to be removed after signing and forwarded to the Human Resources department for inclusion in the employee’s file.)

• (I know this is late, but wanted to pass it on.  Our attorney created this for us as well as our handbook.  Hope it helps) 

ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND AGREEMENT<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I acknowledge, by my signature below, that I have received a copy of the Employee Handbook from my employer, Bolovision Digital Systems, Inc. Further, I also acknowledge and agree as a condition of employment to the following:

1.         I understand and agree it is my responsibility to read and understand the contents, and have had the opportunity to have my questions answered.

2.         I understand and agree that the Handbook remains the property of the Company, and that I must return it upon request or upon termination.

3.         I understand and agree that employment is by mutual agreement, and as such may be terminated by either party to that agreement, at will.  I understand, acknowledge and agree that the Company has the additional right to change my position of employment by promotion, demotion or otherwise at-will.

4.         I understand and agree that this Handbook is a general guide and that the contents of the Handbook do not constitute an employment agreement, contract, or guarantee of continued employment, compensation or benefits.

5.         I understand and agree that nothing within this Handbook constitutes any promise, and that the Company has the right to rescind, change, amend, or revise any of the contents of this Handbook without advance notice.

6.         I understand and agree that no person, other than the President may make policy, or make any promises of employment, compensation, or benefits, for any specified period of time, and only in a writing signed by the President.

ACKNOWLEDGED:

______________________________                        ________________________

Employee Signature                                                   Date

WITNESSED BY:

______________________________                        ________________________

Date

Name: _________________________                     

Address: _______________________

_______________________­­­________

• (I also had to create this for the pamphlets we give with the handbooks) 

ACKNOWLEDGMENT<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I acknowledge, by my signature below, that I have received a copy of the pamphlets listed:

1.         State Disability Insurance Provisions

2.         Sexual Harassment Hurts Everyone

3.         Your Rights to Workers’ Compensation Benefits and How to Obtain Them

4.         Paid Family Leave Insurance Program

5.         <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />California’s Programs for the Unemployed

ACKNOWLEDGED:

______________________________                        ________________________

Employee Signature                                                   Date

WITNESSED BY:

______________________________                        ________________________

Date

Name: _________________________                     

Address: _______________________

_______________________­­­________

• If you haven't received a form I have one you can have.

STATEMENT OF EMPLOYEE

NOTE TO EMPLOYEE: Please read this Employee Handbook and keep it handy for future reference. You are required to sign this sheet and return it to the office within ten (10) days after you receive this handbook.

I have received a copy of the Dixie Iron Works, Ltd. Employee Handbook. I understand that this Employee Handbook supersedes all previously-dated handbooks and/or materials. I have carefully read and I understand all the rules and information contained therein, including the benefits and privileges to which I may be entitled.

I understand that the Company may from time to time change, modify, alter, add, or substitute new procedures, policies, rules or regulations concerning working conditions at Dixie Iron Works, Ltd. In turn, reasonable notification will be provided by the Company of such changes and the incumbent rights, obligations and privileges as a result of such alterations.

It is expressly understood and agreed by me, my heirs, and assigns that nothing contained in this handbook or any subsequent changes or modifications thereto shall act as a contract or guarantee of employment.

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /> 

Employee Name (please print)

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

Employee Signature

Date

• Here is the one I use:

This is to acknowledge that I have received a copy of COMPANY's Employee Handbook and understand that it contains important information on COMPANY's general personnel policies and on my privileges and obligations as an employee.  I acknowledge that I am expected to read, understand, and adhere to company policies and will familiarize myself with the material in the handbook.  I understand that I am governed by the contents of the handbook and that COMPANY may change, rescind or add to any policies, benefits or practices described in the handbook, other than the employment-at-will policy, from time to time in its sole and absolute discretion, with or without prior notice.  COMPANY will advise employees of material changes within a resonable time.

Furthermore, I understand that employment with COMPANY is not for a specified term and is at the mutual consent of the employee and the company.  Accordingly, either the employee or COMPANY can terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause, at any time.  This represents an integrated agreement with respect to the at-will nature of the employment relationship.

Signature line and date.