Fire Me or Get Sued!

After you have been in HR for a number of years, you start to say that nothing surprises you anymore.  When you find something that is over the top, you have to share it with your HR buddies!

If you get a chance, read the article on page 2 in the newsletter link below about Adverse Employment Actions.  All I have to say, is that I really wish I would get picked to sit on a jury for one of these cases (or maybe I need to go to law school and become a judge).  I'm just grateful that these cases have been turned down by the judge/jury but unfortunately I think before long one of these cases will get through.

What are your thoughts on the article?  Anyone know of a case like this?

http://kollman-saucier.com/newsletters/February2008.pdf

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Thanks for sharing these - it's sad, but comical that people actually file these claims and find an attorney to represent them!  I think my favorite was Currier v. postmaster - the nerve of that employer - actually expecting a paid employee to WORK for his paycheck!  That one made me laugh out loud!

I do agree with you though, that sooner or later, some crafty attorney will win an absurd case like this!