HR Strategic Metrics - Does your company have an HR performance dashboard?

I am an HR Analyst initiating an HR Dashboard to highlight measures that will show performance improvement in HR Services and Programs.  I would appreciate any suggestions on what kind of metrics HR Business Partners would find most helpful and if you know of any tools or recommendations that would aid me in my project.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • · Number of complaints filed by employees
          · Percent of complaints that proceed to a state agency, court, or other external dispute resolution
          · Amount of time taken to resolve an internal complaint
          · Percent of cases resolved with no money paid out by the company
          · Percent of cases in which large financial settlements or awards were made
          · Breakdown of the types of complaints made by employees by department; e.g., sexual harassment, race, etc.
          · Costs associated with employee relations as percent of total operating costs
          · Percent of cases in which documentation was inadequate
          · Number of sexual harassment complaints
          · Number of complaints of unfair treatment
          · Number of hours spent on training managers on employee relations issues
          · Data from employee surveys on various employee relations issues such as understanding of policies
          · Dollars spent on attorney's fees
          · Dollars spent on attorney's fees as a percent of total employee relations costs
  • Before I did anything I'd find out what Sr. Mgmt wanted to see.  What do they value?  What is most important to them?  Some mgmt teams care more about legal fees, some about vacant positions, some about turnover, some about benefit costs, etc. 

But here are some ideas to get you started 

Number of vacant positions
    Turnover rate
    Cost to fill position
    Time to fill position
    Number of employees enrolled in benefits (broken down by type or carrier)
    Cost per employee of benefits
    Cost of accrued leave balances
    Number of accrued leave hours
    Number of hours spent on training and types of training provided
    Number of Work Comp claims
    YTD or claim to date cost of W/C claims
    Absenteeism rate