Administrative Assistant To The CEO

Good morning everyone!!!

I will be interviewing for an Administrative Assistant tot he CEO this week. My CEO would like to administer a writing test. Would anyone have a sample of a writing test they can share.

:help:

Any informaiton is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
anelr

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi,

Will you be testing handwriting (is it neat and readable) or content, grammar, spelling, etc?

If the former, you might give them a typed sentence and ask them to write it in longhand, both print and cursive. For example:

This is a writing test. It must be clear and legible, with no smears or words that have been marked through. It must be in pencil as well as ink and in both print and cursive.

(My handwriting is almost readable in pencil but undecipherable in ink.)

If the latter, ask them to describe describe an element of your industry, or their ideal house, what a really bad day would be for them, or perhaps why they are interested in the position. Another approach could be to ask them to write out their response to a standard question from a behavioral interview.

If you're looking for something a little more structured, try an Internet search using 'writing test' as the search term. I think you'll find many options.

Hope this helps.

Sharon
  • FunHRBankerFunHRBanker 562 Posts
    edited August 2015 PMVote Up0Vote Down
    We have used http://www.findly.com/maize for Excel and grammar testing.
  • Thank you both for that information. It really helped.