Discrimination Against Muslims

I read an interesting article,[I] Muslims face growing bias in the workplace: EEOC claims on rise as Americans show dimmer view of Islam[/I], about how the EEOC has received an increase in the number of discrimination claims from Muslim employees in the last couple of years.

I think most HR folks would find it interesting to read. [URL]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39081887/ns/business-careers/[/URL]

Have any of you seen an increase in this type of discrimination? If so, how are you addressing it?

Sharon

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have only one Muslim employee currently, and haven't heard of any issues. At my previous employer, I had many Muslim employees, and everything seemed to go fine. I didn't even hear any issues after putting the training room on 'permanent reserve' for an hour every afternoon for prayer. I did have to caution a few Muslims and Hindus for joking so much with each other about being lifelong enemies... it would be very difficult for customers to realize they weren't serious.
  • We have a very diverse employee base with many Muslims and Hindi employees, but I haven't seen anything to suggest the problems going on in that article (knock on wood).