Tomorrow....Friday...Goodbye FORUM

I just wanted to be able to get in my goodbyes , before the FREE HRHero Forum comes to an end. Since tomorrow is Friday, I won't be able to access the Forum after then.

In the more than two years that I have been reading this Forum, and occasisonally starting a thread - I have learned a great deal; thanks to the other members who have been so generous with their knowledge, wisdom and wit.

Hopefully, us "soon-to-be-non-members" will keep in touch with each other. Feel free to e-mail me at the address below.

Take care!

Chari
[email]calter@iopener.net[/email]

Comments

• 48 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • And thank you, Chari, for sharing your wisdom. You will be missed.
  • Bye Chari. It was nice meeting you and thanks for sharing with all of us!

Rockie
  • I am finding it difficult to respond to your post. Saying farewell under circumstances like this seems unfair. But the decision has been made, debated, explained and still stands.

Adieu mon ami. Happy trails. xhugs

• A sad day coming. The forum will not be the same. x:-(
  • Good bye and good luck. The way things are going, there may be more going than staying. We should all pledge to keep one another posted of other places to meet and discuss our issues. The loss of any one of you is a diminishment in the quality of the site. You will be missed.
  • Shadowfax, I've said that more than a few times. The quality of this site WILL be diminished. No one seems to care. I am a current paying customer but trying to justify the increased cost in the future will be difficult given the direction it appears to be going.
  • A lot of us do care, but unfortunately we are not the decision makers at MLS. Our only vote comes when we write our checks for the subscriptions. I personally will keep my membership and watch what happens to the quality of the site, in particular, the forum. If it diminishes as we all fear, then I will analyze my options at that time. As noted by myself and others, there are other sites offering a similar product. I personally like this one best...at this time. I think the next best one is the SHRM site, which also requires one to be a paying member. But if this site gets worse, there are options.
  • Ohmygosh! Is tomorrow really the end? It came upon me so quickly. I too will miss this Forum and all the wonderful knowledge I have gained from it. I would like to give a heartfelt thanks to everyone for all of your quick responses. I will miss checking in several times a day and I wish it didn't have to end this way. What a shame Forum-only memberships weren't made available.

Thanks to all and good luck everyone. Maybe we'll meet on another Forum.
  • I am really having a difficult time getting my thoughts/feelings down here. There are so many of you who I have come to rely on. I wish you all the best and thank you for all that you have shared. Somehow, I hope you can come back or that we can meet elsewhere.
  • I too will be sad to leave the forum. x:-(
    I have not posted often, but have learned from everyone's experience and knowledge in our field.
    SHRM's chat room is available, so I plan to visit more often. I guess my age is showing as the SHRM site seems to consist more of a younger group. Young isn't bad, I remember being there once. But with maturity also comes a different outlook on life.
    I will miss the "action" and interaction of forum posters. /:)
    I'll should subscribe now...this is the first time I have used the icons.
    Keep in touch. My email address is: [email]dixied@fmne.com[/email]

Thanks to everyone!!
  • I have a feeling, Monday will be quiet on the Forum. I wish all of you that are leaving blessings for continued success.
  • When are you gonna come down
    When are you going to land
    I should have stayed on the farm
    I should have listened to my old man

You know you can't hold me forever
    I didn't sign up with you
    I'm not a present for your friends to open
    This boy's too young to be singing the blues

So goodbye yellow brick road
    Where the dogs of society howl
    You can't plant me in your penthouse
    I'm going back to my plough

Back to the howling old owl in the woods
    Hunting the horny back toad
    Oh I've finally decided my future lies
    Beyond the yellow brick road

What do you think you'll do then
    I bet that'll shoot down your plane
    It'll take you a couple of vodka and tonics
    To set you on your feet again

Maybe you'll get a replacement
    There's plenty like me to be found
    Mongrels who ain't got a penny
    Sniffing for tidbits like you on the ground

So goodbye yellow brick road
    Where the dogs of society howl
    You can't plant me in your penthouse
    I'm going back to my plough

#1 thing a consultant shouldn't say: "I could tell you the answer right now, but we're committed to a three month project..." #-o
  • Its good bye from me as well...thanks to everyone for the advice and the laughs. I learned alot, I guess I'm on my own now!

• x:-(

What is really missing here is a frowny face with a single tear falling from the eye...
  • I have not posted or contributed a whole heck of a lot but I too will miss the banter! (and Don's jokes!)

SHRM for me.

My email [email]rkaminski@spearmgmt.com[/email]

• Don't forget me Don. I'm going to see if Alum Boy will spring for my susbscription. I hear he's loaded.
  • Hey Don, you're not rid of me yet! Didn't you say you needed a place to stay in Boston during the DNC x}> x;-) ? You and anyone else can reach me at [email]rene.a.dicicco@verizon.com[/email].

I decided to put my Forum participation in my mid-year accomplishments. I'm begging my boss to give me more responsibility and it will probably be in the HR IT area so I'm still gonna need everyone's input!
  • Chari, I am the only person in my company using our Forum account. If I understand correctly we can have up to five participants on one paid account, although I'm not sure how to add you on. Can I somehow let you gain access through my account? If it makes you feel better, you can fax me a check for 1/5 of the subscription price.

I plan to continue my subscription as long as I find it worthwhile, and if I'm not using my other four "slots" why not share them? We all would still benefit from the contributions of our fellow Forumites without added expense to us or revenue to MLS.

Stupid idea? Great idea? Comments, anyone?
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-15-04 AT 04:41PM (CST)[/font][br][br]I think it's a great idea until the Gestapo realizes there may be a way around the revenue issue for them.

Sorry to see so many Forum friends forced out of the list of participation on this forum. I will miss all or you and hope there is some way in the future for me to continue to learn from all of your experiences.

Goodbyes are never easy for me so all I can say is group hugs xhugs and a good bye kiss x:* to all who are leaving.
  • Bad idea. Sorry, but your subscription only grants you a license for other people [b]in your company[/b] to have access to the Forum and Subscribers Area.

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com
  • I never did have a very good criminal mind. This could have landed me on the soon to be popular "COPS - from the Forum" tv show. x:)
  • Will that be playing on the next forum cruise, I missed the first one.
  • Thanks for that effort ! After I get home tonight, I will e-mail those who did express interest in keeping in touch. And yes, Don, I will e-mail you the answer also.

Chari
    [email]calter@iopener.net[/email]
  • Chari, I have an idea. Let's you, me, Gillian3, Hatchetman and whomever else here in CA start our own "company" and then we can share the account.
    I don't think MLS requires any kind of employment verification.

We just need to come up with a company name. It just might work.
  • There you go! Incorporate in the State of CA (as cheaply as possible) and buy one subscription. How about the Grace L. Ferguson Airline and Storm Door Company? x:-)
  • Where did the Grace L Ferguson come from?

I was thinking of taking a cue from Leslie in AZ and going with:
    Acme HR Services and Body Piercing INC.
  • Absolutely perfect...However I don't know many who would appreciate the technique. I'm so sorry to see many "friends," old and new, leaving. START THE COMPANY!
  • Grace L Ferguson is from an old Bob Newhart routine... but I like yours better, HR Sage. I'm sure Leslie will be willing to provide body piercing consultative services (for a small fee, of course). x;-)
  • Pssst, your only mistake was sharing it where James could read it!

How could they possibly know when you sign in WHERE you're signing in from. Shhhh.