Profiles List

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-19-04 AT 02:07PM (CST)[/font][br][br]With the new rule and the exodus of quite a few people, what's the chance the list on the profiles screen will be updated? I'm sure not all of those one million people still access the forum. Today, the main screen says "5542 members, see whose online". If the list were updated, it would at least let subscribers know which people are possible participants. Just a thought.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • And, can we make the assumption that there will no longer be a guest list of those accessing the forum?
  • Why not a guest list? Guests may still access and read, just not participate by posting. It may be interesting to see how many lurkers there are.
  • Maybe I misunderstood; but, I thought non-subscribers could not even sit in the bleachers and watch. Wonder what the magic cutoff number is.
  • The list of Forum members is updated automatically, so it will be a whole lot smaller tomorrow. But the raw numbers don't really mean as much as they seem.

Most of the deactivated Forum accounts will be ones that haven't been used for a long time -- since 2002 for a lot of them. We never had a reason to delete these fossilized Forumites, and every once in a while, one would come back to life. (On a personal note, I hate it when Yahoo deletes one of my e-mail accounts just because I didn't check my mail for nine months. xx( )

We might lose two-thirds or three-fourths of the 5,542 names on the list, but most of the active Forum members will be staying. The real loss will be the active people who are leaving after we got to know you and consider you friends, even if we've never met. We'll miss you.

As for guests, we'll set up some sample pages for them, but they won't be able to "sit in the bleachers" and watch the whole game.

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com