FORUM FORMAT

JAMES, AWILLIAMS, & WHOEVER IS UP NEXT:
May we participants ask HrHero and the EMPLOYER FORUM editors to give us an ability to get into a thread, click on the check to get immediate postings, and then have the ability when we want to move on to check off the alert check. I for one have found myself trying to stay away from the forum and get company work done, but human urgeee keeps making me recheck the tread only to find it has truned to "BULL DUNG" OR "PIG MANURE".

How about it fellow forum participants all 12 of us, the other readers are to scared to jump in and spread their wisdom or joy?

PORK

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Pork,

We've had this request before, and we haven't been able to figure out a way to implement it easily. We'll add it to the list of things we're evaluating for future Forum changes.

Brad Forrister
    Director of Publishing
    M. Lee Smith Publishers

• Brad: Thanks for your response, I hope your programmers will find a way before I get terminated for spending to much time on personal yet professional development business. As a representative of the aging members, we find this forum to be the strongest and quickest method of getting other ideas and to give our experiences to those in search; however, none of us should become concerned for the amount of time spent on any particular issue/thread on the forum. We are not paid like you must be to monitor the activities.

PORK
  • Pork-

As a suggestion, you can set-up your personal e-mail account to delete messages you don't want to receive. In this situation, you could set your account to automatically delete messages containing "personality indicator" and that will do the trick.

Also, remember that you can hit the "Alert" button at any time to alert the Forum Monitor about a post you feel is outrageous or questionable. While we won't pull every post, we will certainly look closely at the post for inappropriate content.

Anne Williams
    Attorney Editor
    M. Lee Smith Publishers, LLC
  • Pork: Your dilemma is caused by the fact that you go to the bottom of your own posts and click on the little box that preceeds this message: "Check here if you want to receive email when a new message is posted to this thread". There is nothing that can be done to 'unclick' that response once you have chosen it. The only alternative is to not check it but return to it when you choose to read any subsequent posts that followed yours. We'll be giving out a bunch of hams next week, Pork. Hope they came from your company and you get part of the profit in the form of a Christmas Bonus. x:-)

• [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 12-18-03 AT 07:42AM (CST)[/font][br][br]"Dandy Don" seek out the Bryan Foods packaged ham and the "Honey Suckel White Turkey" and you will directly effect the positive side of my income. I have stopped clicking on the opportunity to stay connected to the forum with individual threads. Long ago I came to realize that was not a smart thing to do with the exception on those times when I have started a thread.

Anne you should tell us more about the ALERT BUTTON, where is it located!

PORK

Oh, now I see it at the bottom of the page, do I click on the alert button when I read "Dandy Don's" hammering me and/or someone else. What does the remove button do? Will it allow me to remove my thread or someone else's thread, when I've become offended?

PORK
  • Pork-

The Alert button will send a message to the Forum Monitor.

The Remove button allows the Forum Monitor to remove posts. If you want to remove your own personal post - use the Edit button to enter your message and edit it. You can delete all the text in your message.

As you can probably tell, I'm the least computer savy of the Forum Monitors here, but I hope this info helps!

Anne Williams
    Attorney Editor
    M. Lee Smith Publishers, LLC
  • Anne: We thank you for coming on-line and helping this Ole man to participate in this new HR world of computers and technical know how.

keep up the good work!

PORK