Ribs ??

2»

Comments

• I know it's late on this thread, but I just had jump in... ribs - marinate 24 hours in a mixture of red wine, italian dressing and crushed rosemary, then boil 15 minutes in the marinade with just enough water added to cover ribs. (I use a graniteware canner when doing this for a crowd.)

Charcoal grill low, with soaked hickory chips for smoking - wet or dry - these are killer ribs. The rosemary and wine are infused just enough -
  • Don, you're more than welcome to come over here anytime. I mean that as a sincere and open invitation!

Re. boiling length -- you said 15 minutes and someone else said 40 so I split the difference. They weren't jerky, just not quite as moist as some I've had. On my next attempt I'll cut the time and use Zen's idea of simmering in the marinade instead of just plain water.

• Gosh, Zen, that sounds good. Though I'll use mesquite.
  • You can also pour off the marinade, chill it and serve it in mason jars to the boys on the patio.

• All this rib talk got me in the spirit this weekend. I love to drink beer, so I thought I could do something productive along with it. I did the rub with salt, pepper, rosmary and garlic salt. I boiled the ribs for about 15 minutes. While they were boiling I turned on half of the gas grill (sorry, b-b-que purists). I put them on the grill at a temp of around 300-450 for 2 1/2 hours. I think I'm now out of gas. I got a late start, so that was as long as I could cook them. I basted them with Sticky Fingers Carolina Sweet b-b-que sauce about 15-20 minutes before I took them off. If you've never tried it I highly recommend. They have great sauces.

We got to the magic moment. They smelled great. Beer was cold. Kids were screaming. Turns out I bought what they called "knuckle ribs"! I thought a rib was a rib. Well, lesson learned and I'm now hooked. Baby back beef ribs on the grill next week, washed down with
    Budweiser select.
  • Never heard of 'knuckle ribs' but did baby back most all day Sunday. I thought I was keeping enough leftovers to make it through a meal or two of leftovers, but my son showed up and carted off all the ribs, cole slaw, potato caserole and apple pie. But, that's what dads are for.

"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot."
    Charlie Chaplin

• Mmmm. Wish I would have read this thread sooner! But better late than not at all! I'm gonna' try the 'par boil' method, then marinate ribs in some Bob Evans Wildfire barbque sauce. Some deviled eggs, potato salad, ambrosia, baked beans, fried onions and zuchinni, . . . wait a minute. I better invite some people over and have one of those 'y'all come' cookouts. Beer and Mike's hard lemonade.