Ice Cream Pie

This is a new pie receipe for me - family loves it for cool summertime treat.

1 small container Cool Whip (any flavor)
1 can sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand Milk in the South)
1 8 oz block Cream Cheese - softened
1 Large graham cracker pie crust

Sundae Toppings you enjoy:

Strawberries, Blueberries, Chocolate Syrup, Carmel, Nuts, Etc.

Mix all ingredients and layer in pie crust with chosen sundae toppings in the middle. Freeze til solid. Set out 5-10 minutes before serving. I freeze mine without any middle toppings and top each piece with strawberries and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.

Enjoy

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I could eat condensed milk right out of the can..... the sweeter, the better! This sounds yummy! I'll give it a try.
  • I've never had but one flavor of Cool Whip, that I know of. This does sound refreshing for a hot Southern, summer day. I grilled smoked sausage (with buns) for two shifts today and it must have been 125 degrees at the grill. I needed some of this recipe!
  • The heat is why we moved our plant grill out to October, but here it is still hot sometimes.

Cool Whip flavors we can get in northeast AR are French Vanilla, chocolate and strawberry - the strawberry is a seasonal flavor. I used the strawberry when I made it last, but it is just as good with plain Cool Whip.

• This recipe sounds yummy. Here in NH we can get Cool Whip in plain, French Vanilla and Strawberry all year round but I haven't seen Chocolate yet.

Cheryl C.
  • Have you tried it with fat free/reduced fat products? I would guess that if you know what it tastes like to begin with, the "low octane" version might be a disappointment. But, never having tried the original, it might not be too bad.

I just lost four pounds that recently snuck up on me to get back to status quo, but I'm beginning to get determined to work on the other pounds that have snuck up on me over the past ten years.
  • I have not done the fat free but others here at work have and say it is great too! I too have to keep a watch on my pounds so I will be trying the low octane version soon.

• I tried it this weekend and it was a hit! I used fat free on all three filling ingredients, and a low fat GC crust. I think the "real thing" would be better, but I didn't feel one bit bad drenching it in toffee sundae topping this way. :>) I agree, the "good stuff" would be better stuck in the middle so it doesn't fall off, but I left it plain so everyone could do their own.

I did have a lot of extra filling - maybe it requires an extra-large crust? I wasn't sure if that was what you meant, but we have only the standard size and tart size available here. So, I poured the extra in the empty cool whip container and put it in the freezer, then scooped it like ice cream. Worked great.
  • Tried this with the fat free version ingredients and no one knew. Everyone kept telling me how good it was......... One of the easiest and quickest desserts I've ever made.... OF course the chocolate and carmel sauce were REAL!!!