My Favorite Lite Springtime Meal

I made this last night for the upteenth time just for myself and thought for the first time I'd share. I've made this for others and they love it, it's simple lite, healthy, DElicious and QUICK.

Angel Pasta w/Vegees

1 Zucchini
1 Yellow Squash
Capers (or chopped up black olives)
Couple of tomatos Chopped
Emeril's Seasoning (regular or Italian)
Lemon Pepper
Angel Hair Pasta
Lemon Olive Oil

Chop up the zucchini and squash in bite size pieces, saute in lemon olive oil (or just squeeze a lemon into regular olive oil) season to taste w/Emerils seasoning and lemon pepper, (I like lots of Emerils seasoning it never seems to be too much) saute for about 15 minutes to get nice and soft.

Add the Angel hair pasta to boiling water and boil for 3-4 minutes. During this time add the chopped up tomatos to the saute pan and mix everything up.

Drain the pasta, add to the saute, mix it up, and Serve! Top with grated cheese if you prefer.

Whole thing takes about 20 minutes from start to finish and you have a delicious lite meal. When I serve for guests I make a salad and have foccacchia bread. Goes great with a nice bottle of red wine, I prefere an Australian Shiraz (current inexpensive favorite is Yellow Tail).

Comments