Darn good chili recipe

2»

Comments

• If you really want to kick this off the BAM! scale, try to get your hands on some habaneros. Said habaneros must come from Mexico's Yucatan peninsula, otherwise, well, they're basically garbage.

A good off-the-shelf product to add PURE heat with no taste is Dave's Insanity Sauce or Endorphin Rush. Be very careful with either product as it will lite you on fire and blister your mouth and lips if you take it in its pure form.

Gene
  • Good Lord! Why in the world would anyone do that to themselves?
  • I've heard that scotch bonnet peppers are even hotter than habaneros. I'm asking you, TN HR, as our resident expert on all things hot & spicy: Is it true?
  • Yes, depending on the variety, the scotch bonnet can be more lethal than avergae habaneros. You can get some very mild habaneros or you can get some diabolical ones. The ones from Yucatan used to hold the world record. Now, there are some clowns in California who have created a new type of habanero that is uspposed to be the hottest one in the world.

There's actually a rumor (started by Don D) that in the movie "Red Dragon" the character that peels his face off with a glass shard and then feeds it to the dogs actually did so because he got some of the habanero juice on his lips.

Heat so overwhelming in any dish that it causes pain is no fun. I do like to have a good sweat every once in a while. The worst one I have ever had was in a barbershop in PA where the barber, an old Italian guy by the name of Frank Roma, kept a bottle of Absolut Vodka with habaneros in it. He always offered a free haircut to anyone who could drink a shot of the stuff and sit in the chair for 2 minutes before getting a Lager out of the fridge. Well, I had to try..........
  • ...don't keep us waiting what happened...
  • I damn near passed out from the pain. The cold carbonation from the beer that followed the 2 minute ordeal was even more painful. All I could do was stand outside of Frank's Barbershop (it was in the basemement of his house) and turn my head sideways and attempt to pour beer in my mouth and let it run out.
  • Does anyone have the final published version of Wendy's chili that hit the news today?
  • Okay: YUCK. x:o Just heard about this on the news. As the local anchor said, "No word yet on the knuckle sandwich."
  • Hate to gross you out but my work is about 1 block from THAT Wendy's and some of our ees had the chili on that Tuesday.

Although we didn't hear about it until Wednesday.
    Some got tested for Hep and who knows what else.

Needless to say the Wendy's is a ghost town now.