Yams and Marshmallows

Does anybody have a good and simple recipe for making the candied yams with marshmallows? I've never made this, and my son's asking me to make it for Thanksgiving.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Linda,

I go on the site listed below A LOT - it has great recipes on it as well as people rating it. Hope this helps... Have a great Thanksgiving!

[url]http://allrecipes.com/[/url]
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 11-24-04 AT 07:14AM (CST)[/font][br][br]I looked in my wife's secret recipe box and found the following, passed down from the Eastern Star Cookbook:

Six large sweet potatoes, peeled and halved.
    9x14 inch pyrex baking dish with 2 inch sides.
    Lightly grease baking dish with Crisco.
    Two sticks real butter.
    1 cup dark brown Domino sugar.
    Medium bag marshmallows.

Heat oven to 400. Bake potatoes in skin for 40 minutes. Remove from oven,peel and half. Reduce oven temperature to 350.

Fill greased pyrex dish with halved sweet potatoes, flat side down, sides barely touching.

Fork potatoes thoroughly. Sift half of brown sugar over potatoes. Layer 1/8 in. thick butter pats over potatoes.

Sprinkle remainder of brown sugar over butter pats. Place marshmallows over buttered potatoes, sides touching, covering entire surface.

Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until marshmallows have begun to lightly brown. Remove immediately and place aside to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Marshmallows will be hot.

• That sounds amazing! My son will love it once he rouses from his sugar-induced coma! Happy Thanksgiving!