Lon's Chesseburger Pie

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 10-15-04 AT 03:28PM (CST)[/font][br][br][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 10-15-04 AT 03:26 PM (CST)[/font]

I've been making this for years and my kids just loved it (they are in college now). Try it some cold afternoon -- it's a great alternative to pizza.

Cheeseburger Pie

• 2 Cups Bisquick Mix
• 2 lb. Ground Beef
• Worcestershire Sauce
• ½ cup chopped Bell Pepper
• ½ cup diced/chopped onion
• Onion Powder
• Garlic Powder
• Oregano
• Jar of Spaghetti Sauce (small)
• 1 can of Tomato Paste (small)
• 1 can of Stewed Tomatoes
• 8-10 oz of Cheese (your choice)

1. Prepare about 2 cups of Bisquick Mix in mixing bowl. Follow directions on package for “Drop Biscuits.”

2. Roll or spread dough mixture out into greased 9x11 or 9x12 cake pan – make sure sides are covered.

3. Bake in 350-degree oven until raised and lightly brown -- caution don't over bake.

4. Combine Onions and Bell Pepper in frying pan and sauté for a few minutes. Add Ground Beef and a few healthy splashes of Worcestershire Sauce.

5. Brown Ground Beef /Onions/Bell Pepper mixture and when almost finished add a healthy sprinkle of Onion Powder, Garlic Powder and Oregano. Stir Ground Beef mixture occasionally until done. Recommend not adding salt – trust me, you won’t miss it.

6. Add can of Stewed Tomatoes (chop ‘em up a little) and stir.

7. Add jar of your favorite Spaghetti Sauce.

8. Add can of Tomato Paste.

9. Stir/mix everything real well and simmer for about 5 minutes or so.

10. Scoop/pour into prepared cake pan. (See steps 1-3 above)

11. Cover with your choice of Cheese – (Mozzarella and Colby make a nice mix.)

12. Place 350-degree oven until Cheese is melted.

13. Remove from oven and serve – if you let it cool just a little it is easier to cut and serve.

Optional: Fresh diced/chopped garlic can be substituted for the Garlic Powder.
Also, a ½ cup of mushrooms and/or a ½ cup of grated pepperoni add a nice touch if your are so inclined.

Enjoy!!

Comments