Need Artichoke Dip Recipe

Having family Christmas this weekend and have been asked to bring Artichock Dip. Does anyone have an especially great one? Thanks in advance for all the help.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Here are two good ones:

#1. Artichoke Dip

3/4 pound cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup milk or half-and-half
    1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
    2 scallions (white and green), chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    2 large eggs, beaten
    1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
    2 cups drained jarred or thawed artichoke hearts, patted dry
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
    Pinch cayenne
    Butter, as needed
    Assorted crackers
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
    In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, milk, Parmesan, scallions, garlic, eggs, and lemon juice; pulse until smooth. Add the artichokes, salt, pepper, and cayenne, and pulse until just mixed, but still chunky. Transfer the mixture to a buttered, deep 4-cup casserole dish and bake until lightly browned and set, about 1 hour. Serve warm with crackers.

#2. Artichoke & Spinach Dip

9-ounce box frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
    5 ounces frozen spinach, thawed (about 1/2 cup)
    2 slices fresh white sandwich bread, crusts trimmed
    1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese (about 12 ounces)
    1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
    1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    Pinch cayenne
    1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
    Vegetable cooking spray
    1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    Serving suggestion: Strips of yellow or red bell pepper, and endive
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Drain the artichoke hearts and spinach in a colander, pressing with the back of a large spoon to remove excess liquid. Set aside to drain.
    In a food processor, pulse the bread to make medium-textured crumbs. Transfer crumbs to a small bowl and set aside.
    Put the ricotta, zest, thyme, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and cayenne in the processor and pulse until smooth. Add the artichokes, spinach, and Parmesan; pulse until evenly mixed but chunky. Spray a 4-cup gratin dish with vegetable cooking spray. Transfer the artichoke-spinach mixture to the dish.
    Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, cook until aromatic and lightly toasted, about 1 minute. Stir in the bread crumbs and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, cook another minute. Spread the crumbs over the artichoke-spinach mixture. Bake the dip until browned and warmed through, about 45 minutes. Serve warm.

• Thanks - these sound great. The one with spinach is especially appealing to me. Will let you know how they go over.

Thanks again.

• Take a look at page 2 of this forum. There are a few great ones there.
  • Homemade is always best, but if you aren't that good of a cook, or don't have the time, there is a great one from Friday's (a restaurant). It's artichoke and spinach dip and is now available at wholesale stores (like BJ's) and supermarkets near me. I don't know if you have Friday's products available near you, but this does in a pinch for me when I don't have the energy to cook.