Chilli Cookoff Results

Just wanted to update you .........IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST MORALE BUILDERS we have ever had! There were 9 pots of Chilli entered into the contest.....we gave out ribbons to the top 3 picks, plus, the 1st place winner won a clock that will be passed along from year to year (it's quite gaudy with chilli peppers on it). Every hour on the hour we raffled a small gift off with the grand prize at 3:00 p.m., a gift certifiacte to Chilli's Restaurant. I'd do it again in a heartbeat and would encourage you to do it too......... not a very expensive employee activity to produce.

Leslie,
Had I thought of it, I would have asked for the peppers, but all in all, HR still took second place................ not too shabby.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • AnneLa, I'm glad it turned out so well. It's something I've thought of doing - unfortunately we don't have the space for all the people. No cafeteria or lunch room, and our breakroom is teeny.

Second place huh? Pretty good!
  • How many people do you have in your company?
  • We're a Credit Union with 200 employees and 9 different locations, but most locations are within 5 miles of one another. We sent candy and jumping beans to all employees - even those at the remote sites, but only 2 of the branches entered into the contest.............. hopefully, next year they'll all enter. I think I'll offer courier service next year to the remote sites to encourage participation.
  • I think I'll offer courier
    >service next year to the remote sites to encourage participation.

Ann....arent you the wiley one? "You guys in the field offices send some food up here to the head office and we'll taste test it for you". Will that actually work??? And seriously, how can you anticipate that the food the participants prepare will be sufficient to go around? Does everybody get to eat or just the judges? What if some fool plants a really terrible chili for shock value?

• Dear Don,

Yes, I do suppose being crafty goes hand in hand with being in HR. Actually, our branches aren't that far apart, and anyone can be a judge in our Chilli contest or stop in for lunch. We settle for 5 judges. If we have more ee's interested, we'll pull names and the first five are the lucky ones. I failed to mention that it was sort of a pot luck day too............. other employees brought in side dishes, salads, breads, hot dogs, etc. There was more than enough to go around - we LOVE to eat around here and everyone is generous with their food contributions no matter what we do. Everyone eats...... even some of the EVP's came in for a bite. We did have an entry called "A Little Bit of Hell This Side of Heaven". Almost melted the hair off of my head! The joke of the day was that the Facilities Department had better have over stocked the bathrooms with TP!