Help- salisbury steak

My BF, SO or whatever you call the guy in your life ate frozen meals and Spam when I first met him. Since we've moved in together I have elevated his tastes somewhat (yes, I am an utter snob when it comes to food and I know I am gonna get dissed from someone out there for denigrating Spam).
Well one of his favorite things for me to do is take a meal that he has been eating from the cardboard serving dish and transforming it into a gourmet meal.
Well he has know requested salisbury steak.HUH?
Anybody got any ideas? You all seem such good cooks.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Yeah, Swanson's in the freezer case at your supermarket - get the Hungry Man size. x;-)
  • 1 pound Ground beef
    1 Egg
    1/2 teaspoon Onion
    1/2 teaspoon Salt
    2 tablespoons Ketchup
    1 tablespoons Worcestershire
    1 can Mushroom soup
    2 tablespoons Water

combine meat, egg, onion, salt, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Shape into 6 patties. Roll in flour and brown in hot fat. Place in loaf pan. Add soup and water. Bake 45 minutes at 400 serves 3-6 depending on appetite

• Some people use hamburger patties as salisbury steak;I use cubed beef steak. Salt and pepper the steaks generously and roll in flour. Shake off excess flour and place in a skillet with preheated vegetable oil. (Just enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan good.) Cook until tender and brown (a little crisp on the outside). Remove steaks from the oil and place on plate with paper towel to absorb any excess oil. Drain off additional oil from the skillet and leave just a little along with the crumbs in the bottom. Place the steaks back in the skillet and add a jar of slow-cooked beef gravy. Simmer with the lid on 15-20 minutes. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes and enjoy!!