Spinach Artichoke Dip

Does anyone have a killer recipe for spinach/artichoke/cheese dip? I am the worlds WORST cook, and have tried a few, but can never seem to get one right!

Much appreciation from anyone who dares help me!

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It's not quite what you asked for, but it's killer and it's easy.

1 can artichoke hearts (drained and cut up)
    1 cup parmesean cheese
    1 cup mayonaise

Mix together and heat in oven until cheese melts. Keep it warm to serve. It will get some buttery liquid in it. Just pour that off and reheat. Serve with Crackers. We use Ritz. They'll think it's gourmet.

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge
    615-371-8200
    [email]mmorford@mleesmith.com[/email]
    [url]http://www.thehredge.net[/url]
  • There's a restaurant called TGI Friday's that has a really great spinach/artichoke dip. They sell it in stores for consumers, though I don't know if it's nationwide. (I have gotten it at BJ's Wholesale) Heat in a microwave and stir. I've served it at parties and it's a hit. No fuss, no muss...perfect for anyone who can't cook!
  • Here are a couple different recipes. Let me know if you try them and how they are. :)
    1 package (10-oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
    1 can (13.75-oz.) artichoke hearts (not marinated), drained and chopped
    1 package (8-oz.) cream cheese, softened
    1 cup mayonnaise
    1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Rinse the spinach in a strainer and drain. Squeeze dry.

In a medium bowl mix together spinach, artichokes, cream cheese and mayonnaise. Place in a small ovenproof dish, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake for 30 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or toasted French bread slices as desired. Makes 2 cups

Pecan Crusted Dip

2 packages (9-oz.) STOUFFER'S Creamed Spinach, defrosted according to package directions
    1 package (8-oz.) cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1 can (14-oz.) artichokes, drained and coarsely chopped
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/3 cup chopped onion
    1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/3 cup crushed herb stuffing
    1/2 cup chopped pecans

PREHEAT oven to 400° F.

COMBINE cream cheese and mayonnaise in large bowl; add creamed spinach, artichokes, Parmesan cheese, onion and pepper. Place in 2-quart baking dish. Combine stuffing and pecans in small bowl; sprinkle over dip.

BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and lightly browned on top

• The pecan one sounds yummy!! Thanks!
  • jmpmo,

You should change your screen name to jmpro! I made your spinach/artichoke/pecan crust dip and took it to a friend's house for dinner. Not only was it easy to make, but it brought several diets to a halt. The recipe makes about two quarts of dip. There were only six of us there and we finished it all! It was a great recipe! Thanks for sharing! Any others you'd like to share?

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge
    615-371-8200
    [email]mmorford@mleesmith.com[/email]
    [url]http://www.thehredge.net[/url]
  • I wish I could take the credit for my recipes. They typically come from family or friends, but I certainly don't complain. I will check out my recipe box and see if I can find any other fun recipes. Thanks again
  • This is the recipe my family enjoys.

4 cloves roasted garlic
    1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained
    1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts (packed in water)drained & chopped
    1 (10 oz.) container of the Alfredo-style (refrigerated kind) pasta sauce
    1 cup (or more if you like)shredded mozzarella cheese
    1/3 cup (we like more) grated Parmesan cheese (the fresh kind - not the powdered stuff)
    4 oz. (more is better) cream cheese softened

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
    2. Place garlic in a small baking dish. Baked in the preheated oven 20 to 30 minutes, until soft. Remove from heat. It is now roasted. When cool enough to touch, squeeze softened garlic from skins.*
    3. In an 8" x 8" baking dish, spread the roasted garlic.
    4. Mix together, spinach, artichoke hearts, Alfredo sauce, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and cream cheese. Spread over garlic in baking dish.
    5. Cover and bake in preheated oven 30 minutes or until cheeses are melted and bubbly. Could take longer - depends on how much cheese you used.

Serve warm with crackers, toasted Italian-style bread, toasted pita bread or torilla chips.

* I would roast a whole bulb, though. Cut top off garlic bulb, so the very tops of the cloves are exposed. Drizzle very small amount of olive oil or vegetable oil over the top (just to moisten)and place in the preheated oven. Time needed to roast depends on size of bulb. After 20 or 30 minutes, if sharp knife inserts easily into bulb, it's done. After it cools, you'll be able to squeeze contents from the cloves. You can always store leftover cloves in refrigerator (tightly wrapped in plastic or in a closed container) or in a jar or bottle covered in oil to infuse garlic flavor. Roasted garlic can be used in many other recipes or just smeared on toasted bread.