Drinks, Drinks and More Drinks

Banana Daiquiri

2 medium bananas
1 1/2 cups grapefruit juice
1/2 cup vodka or light rum
1 1/2 cups crushed ice*

Place ingredients in a blender and whirl at high speed until frothy. Pour into long-stemmed cocktail or wine glasses. Sprinkle with nutmeg and garnish with lime slices.

Frozen Watermelon Margaritas

3 lb. piece watermelon
1 cup white tequila
1/2 cup fresh lime juice (from about 4 limes)
1/4 cup sugar or to taste

Remove rind from watermelon and cut enough fruit into 1 inch pieces to measure 5 cups. (Leave in some seeds for a speckled appearance.). Freeze watermelon in a sealable plastic bag at least 3 hours and up to one week. In a blender, blend frozen watermelon with remaining ingredients until thick and smooth.

Beyond the Reef

1 oz. Creme de Banana
1 oz. Kahlua
2 1/2 oz. Cream

Blend and garnish with Orange slice and cherry

Lava Flow

1 oz Light rum
1 oz Malibu rum
2 oz Strawberries
1 Banana, ripe but not overripe
2 oz Pineapple juice unsweetened
2 oz Coconut cream

Blend strawberries and the two rums in a blender into a smooth paste. Pour the paste into a hurricane glass. Rinse the blender. Blend banana, coconut cream, and pineapple juice in blender until smooth. Pour this mixture into the glass with the rums SLOWLY. The strawberry/rum mix should creep up the sides of the glass to make a wonderful looking (and tasting) summertime cocktail!

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • HRGirl, these sound great. I intend to work my way through them, one recipe per weekend for the rest of the summer.
  • Thanks Whirl...I have a large collection of tropical drinks. Being a Buffett fan, you have to have the drinks to go with the music. I think I have figured out a drink to go with just about everyone of the songs. I have to find my sponge cake recipe to post next.
  • Since you're a Buffett fan, you'll appreciate this reminiscence: Probably about twenty+ years ago, I saw him perform at a small club here in Austin. His showpiece of the night was a little tune called "Let's go get drunk and scr**w." Perhaps you've heard it? By the end of his set, he was so bombed he just about had to be carried off the stage. The audience wasn't in much better shape than he was. A splendid time was had by all.