Irritation

Is it just me?

I understand that we need advertisers to help keep costs down. I appreciate that I get to pay less because I see a spot of advertising here and there.

I can even appreciate that it is more likely to catch my eye if it is in bright colors or moves. However, there is such a thing as too much. While trying to read John's blog yesterday, and while trying to read posts today, the Aetna commercial to the right never stopped running and flashing. The movement intended to catch my eye would not let it go again when I was ready to concentrate on the information I came for in the first place. I found it extremely annoying. It was a huge turnoff to Aetna, and a turn off for this site.

I am also concerned because last week at the state conference I told quite a few people about this site. I hate to think someone got on only to find this irritation.

In fact, I can't stand it anymore. I will come back next week and hope the ad has run its course.

Nae

PS: Jim - you stopped me at the conference to say hi and then disappeared. What happened to you?

Comments