midwest weather

Just to beat an old drum...

Last week we had sub-zero temps. It was seriously cold! But then we had a nice warm spell over the weekend. Almost all the snow had melted by Sunday, and everyone was enjoying it so much. Yesterday the high was 62.

It is now 36 degrees colder and nice large snowflakes are blowing sideways outside my window. Ahh...midwest weather. Gotta love it!

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • When I came to work this morning, there was a little drizzle and some minor freezing rain in one spot, but the roads were just slightly wet. I drove at 72mph all the way with no problems. Traffic was moving along as normal. I spent the first hour in my office and since I'm only in HR I don't get a window - though my office is 2nd largest only to the VP's. Around 8:00 I went to the lobby to have the receptionist mail a letter for me and was shocked at the sight. Everything covered with ice and people "skating" across the parking lot. Then I heard parts of the highway I had driven an hour earlier were closed down with many accidents. Some of us were watching the VP drive in .... very slowly.... One guy commented that he might get the first ding on his new BMW. I shouted, NO!.... he always parks next to me. Well, he drove by his usual spot. When he came in we asked where he parked and he said whereever his car stopped. He knew he could not have pulled in next to me without hitting my car.
  • In SE Kansas the wind has switched to the north and has dropped the temperature about 30 degrees in the last 2 hours. Hasn't started snowing yet but it'll be sideways when it does! Everyone drive carefully!!
    And don't hit Rays' car!!

• Just east of you here in central Missouri. It was 58 degrees with sunshine, no clouds , no wind and a beautiful morning. My son walked to his college class in just a long sleeve shirt. It is now cloudy and customers walking in are already talking about how the temperature is going down. Weather-dude is saying snow this afternoon with only minor accumulation.
  • We had some snow the last couple of days but we are now back to normal with our forecast as light rain, scattered showers, drizzle, and rain which is really all the same thing. My favorite is partly cloudy or partly sunny. What is the difference.
  • supposed to be 75 here today.....sixties and seventies the rest of the week
  • It is now 14 degrees outside. That is a 48 degree drop from yesterday. Our weather people told us it would be colder (in the 30's) and that we would have a light dusting of snow. As you can tell, they are very adapt at predicting the weather around here.

Those of you south and east of Topeka, look out! And don't hit Ray's car!!!
  • The VP moved his car at lunch so it is next to mine. My car is protected now.
  • Yup.. it was 58 when I came in this morning around 7:30. When I came back from lunch around 1:00 it was 30 and still falling. Don't know what the wind chill is but it is really blowing strong and almost directly out of the north. All those folk that came in dressed for the 58 degrees this morning are gonna be surprised when they leave for home!!!
    Don't know about the VP's car but me and the Chief of Police nearly backed into each other leaving for lunch. Emphasis on the nearly.