Halloween

Keeping with the season do any of your work sites allow you to dress for the day of Halloween. We allow it here and generally have some very creative costumes each year.

This year I plan on coming in as a bag lady. I will be wearing one of my grandmother's old house dresses, hose rolled down with her garters and walking shoes. I will overfill the top and have a pillow front and back. My hair will be in brush rollers with a bandana. I will carry a large shopping bag and have some empty cans in it, one in a koozie (beer can filled with mountain dew) and have my pockets on my dress filled with junk. Unless someone else has a better idea. I don't want to buy a costume.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I think that's a great costume!!! We don't allow costumes here, which saves me the trouble of having to be creative!

BTW - where in AR are you? My family lives there!
  • NeedCoffee, I live in Little Rock and work in North Little Rock. If you know anything about Little Rock I'm in the HillCrest area and I love it.
  • Hey dilemma,

I spent my formative years (3rd thru 9th grade) in your area. My dad worked in downtown Little Rock but we lived in North Little Rock in the Lakewood subdivision. My best friend lived in a house overlooking the Old Mill (which I'll bet you know about) and we spent our summers tanning ourselves to death at the "swimmin' lake" and losing most of the skin on our knees in skateboarding mishaps going down those big hills.

I loved it there -- good memories!
  • Hey Whirlwind,

I know right where that is. I have relatives who live in Lake Wood and for the past few years they do a Polar Bear Plung to raise money for some organization in the lake by the Old Mill. It is usually in February. Burrrr!
  • I've got family in both the Chenal Valley area and in North Little Rock (Sherwood). That city has changed SOOOO much - it seems every time I visit there's something new. I never lived there myself, but have been visiting on and off for the past 20 years!

My mother works for Pulaski County School District - I honestly had no idea how bad the education system was in AR until hearing my mother's horror stories...it's so sad!
  • Good idea, sounds FUN! We, too, allow staff to dress up- or not. Most of us do as we also have the nearby day care center bring their kids over for treats.

In recent years, I have been a soldier, cowgirl, biker chick, and clown. I usually try to find something that is comfortable to wear all day- without a bunch of make up. I'll stay in costume to answer the door in the evening.

I'm thinkin' gypsy this year- but all suggestions are welcome!
  • We also allow costumes for Halloween. Being a financial institution, we have to nix masks and fake weapons (kinda sad in cowboy country). This year we're having a costume contest - our members will be asked to vote for their favorite.

I saw a hilarious costume this past weekend: a gal fashioned a small table out of cardboard, glued on a doily, a cup, a book, and some reading glasses. She had a hole in the middle for her head - the table was resting on her shoulders. What was she?

.............a one night stand. Probably not very comfortable for work but certainly would win the costume contest.