White Christmas?

How many of you are expecting a white Christmas? Won't happen here in NY for the first time in several years. I blame Al Gore.

Comments

• 17 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Same here in central MO, we will be a bit too warm this year. However we still have huge piles of snow on the parking lots from the winter strom we had back on Nov. 30th and Dec. 1st.
  • Actually the term "White Christmas" has been prohibited as it is racially insensitive.
  • It is semi-warm and sunny in the Phoenix area. My parents and grandmother are visiting from Omaha where is is similarly semi-warm and sunny, believe it or not. x:-)
  • No snow here in central Idaho. It is just really cold. Our high today is only 31. Lots of ice on the old windshield this morning at 6:30 as I was making my way to work. The wind feels like it is blowing in from Alaska or something...chills you from the car to the building.

They say in the mountains it is much colder. Like -5. I guess I will find out soon we spend our Christmas in our winter cabin in Garden Valley in the central mountains.

We do have a chance of snow on Thursday, will have to see what comes from that.

• Today it is a high of 81...excuse me while I go turn on my AC.
  • Hey NeedCoffee.... we'll remember that!
  • A couple of weeks ago my 13 year old was worried that when he's at batting camp next week his hands will be cold on the metal bat. We reminded him this is Florida, and it could 75 degrees. Little did we know....
    On another note, 17 years ago we did have a white Christmas here in North Florida. My oldest son was not quite 3 years old, and we had a hard time for several years after that convincing him that was not the norm.
  • Remember what, Ray? I'm JEALOUS!!!! I hate this heat. It is ridiculous and I curse the day I moved to this state where the heat of the first circle of hell rises up and permeates my existence 365 days a year. I will trade ANYONE just to be able to wear a coat for more than 4 hours!

As you guys are enjoying putting on your scarves and gloves and shoveling snow, I will be crying into my iced tea...I actually wore shorts the other day...oh god, kill me now.

• Well, we did have a warm front come through recently, but normally soon after Christmas we are hoping spring comes soon and with it a little TX heat. Just a little though, you can keep most of it.
  • Hey NeedCoffee - what's keeping you there? I've lost count of how many times you've passionately expressed your distaste for the state. Not that I disagree, mind you. The only thing I like about TX is my inlaws, and they are transplants from Iowa. x:D

By the way, my neighbor's car had frost on the windshield this morning. That's our version of a White Christmas in the usually warm Phoenix area. Maybe I should have scraped it off and made a mini-snowdrift for my kids to play in.
  • We've had unseasonably warm weather this week. It was 76 yesterday and has been in the 70's for the past several days. Although next week it's only going to be in the 50's. They're calling for rain on Christmas. Yuck! That won't go well with the trampoline Santa is bringing.
  • Okay, I would rather not have the rain so I am going to stop complaining about the cold weather now...besides the sun is trying real hard to shine through the inversion..I can almost see it.
  • We have a possibility of some snow flurries on Christmas eve and day but nothing major. They say it will mostly be east and south of us. I like the "and since we've no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" theory but unfortunately it never seems to snow when I have no place to go! It likes to snow on work days so we as HR have to deal with all of the calls from employees...do we have to come in today?, are we closing early?, I took a day of vacation but since we closed early do I have to use it as vacation?....these are the reasons I hate the snow...it's the flakes at work!!! Need Coffee I will trade with you just for that reason, plus I miss the family football games in the yard wearing shorts on Christmas day!
  • jitrbug, what area of Missouri are you in. I am located in central MO and I have not heard about the possibility of snow.

• Okay.....NOW we have snow....we we not supposed to get any...but we woke up this morning and Boise has 4 inches of snow with more on the way.

It started with a few snow showers yesterday and we got it overnight.

Now it is supposed to snow on Christmas day also. It is too cold so it is not melting either. Only supposed to be 31 for the high today.

No melting today. Good thing school is out already.

WHITE CHRISTMAS in IDAHO

P.S. to you Missourians, I used to live in MO and one Christmas, I think it was in 1982 I just wore a sweater on Christmas Eve to work, but it rained so much that when I opened my car door the water got in on the floor. I do not miss the Tornado drills one bit, nor do I miss the copper heads in the summer.

Sorry, but I am staying in IDAHO!

• Sporty, don't blame ya, I'd stay in Idaho too! We vacation in Driegs every summer and I hate to leave it! I'm a transplanted Texan so I don't care too much for the tornado drills in MO either!

Dutch I'm in the St.Lo area and they are saying we will get some flurries but accumulating snow will be mostly east of here but they are expecting some minor accumulation south of here.