Blackberry

Ok, I am out of the loop on this one. As a non-blackberry user, would someone tell me what all the fuss is about. Are these blackberry phones all that and a bag of chips or what?

Who are the crackberrys out there?

Comments

• 14 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I don't know, last night we had a birthday party for my dad and had blackberry pie. I have no idea what you're talking about.
  • I don't know much more than you do, Ray but apparently if you hold a piece of blackberry pie close to your face you can call your friends and check your e-mail.
  • But you'll have to exfoliate to remove the purple stains.

Seriously, I don't know much about Blackberries, but I think it combines a cell phone, a PDA, and a device to send and receive email. That last feature seems to be what's got everyone addicted and nursing sore thumbs. Evidently, Blackberry Thumb is the next Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
  • I think all y'all's new skin care techniques have a lot to be desired (I picked that up in Mississippi).

The Blackberry is a PDA/Phone. Most of our salesmen have them and I'm told they "suck". Phone reception is poor.

Verizon has a new phone/pda out that runs Windows based programs and you can sync it with your office/home Outlook program. The buttons are larger for ease of typing. The screen (about 2.5 x's the size of most phones) slides over the keypad for compact storage. I'm looking into trading up soon.
  • >I think all y'all's new skin care techniques
    >have a lot to be desired (I picked that up in
    >Mississippi).
    >

Cheryl, which did you pick up in Mississippi: The phrase "all y'all's" or better skin care tips?

• As you probably heard in the news, there was a lawsuit involving patent infringement that could have shut down the blackberry system but was eventually settled.

The way the articles described blackberry users and their addiction made it sound like these devices were something you couldn't live without.

Apparently you can.

I think I am part of the last generation to remember what its like to actually be "alone" without being connected to others through cell phones, text messaging, myspace, etc.

I took a three day Greyhound trip from California to Chicago and all I did was write in a journal, talk to other passengers, and stare out the window. That kind of experience is a thing of the past now.

I heard on the news that a company has developed a satellite internet service for cars so kids can sit in the backseat with their own laptops and surf the internet while in the car.

This could create a new way to annoy your sister:

"Daddy! Billy is sending me annoying instant messages and he re-configured my IP address so I can't access barbie.com!"

• Call me a Luddite... I don't have a cell phone.
  • Since we went everywhere as a group, folks at the work sight and in restaurants used the phrase "All y'all's"...I think it's cute. (no offense intended)

For skin care, I had to go to town and buy some aloe vera for the sun burns we got after being in the hot MS sun the first day.
  • No offense taken! I don't see how people get by without "y'all" and "all y'all."

A luddite is someone who is opposed to the advance of technology. Up there in Ray's neck of the woods, they're still using smoke signals.
  • Hey, now I'm offended. We use the telegraph and Pony Express.
  • Y'all is probably the most identifiable Southern Speak. There are different nuances to using y'all. "Y'all better turn off that TV and go to bed!" is southern speak for "If I have to get up out of this recliner and come in there, someboy's gonna get it." It usually refers to only a few people. "All y'all" speaks to a larger number of people, such as "All y'all who voted for Hillary Clinton should have your heads examined." Then there is the third variety, "Y'all all", which is the strongest, as in "Y'all all better show up for the annual meeting this year, or your evaluation will be in the toilet."

Thanks, y'all
    Linda

• Hey thanks, Linda. That explains why the cashier looked at me funny when I said I'd pay for everyone's ice cream. She had to reiterate by saying "Y'all gonna pay for all y'all's cones?...Psshheeeeee"