Is there an HR seminar for this?

Yesterday was the first pay day for an employee who had switched to part-time status with a reduction in pay. Her first day working under the new arrangement she let me know she wanted her pension deduction to remain the same. But in receiving her pay stub yesterday she was quite surprised that I had not told the payroll clerk to stop her extra withholding. Somehow I was just supposed to know this.
Now I've had a phone call from another employee who had added a second pension deduction. Seems she changed her mind after submitting the paper work and again, I was just supposed to know this.
I readily admit I did not receive a passing grade in mind-reading. Does anyone know of an HR seminar I can take to improve my mind-reading skills?
I'm soooo glad it's Friday!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Sally: Of course there's an answer for this. Close your eyes, place the index fingertip of each hand in a circular fashion against the tip of the corresponding thumb tip, raising the remaining three fingers toward the ceiling. Separate your arms and lift them upward about shoulder height. Now, with your eyes closed, say Ahhmmmmmmmmm. I am thinking of the answer and it should come to you. You must enroll no later than Monday.
  • As an alternative, you can hold a ceremonial rite each Friday during lunch. I do this about three or four times a year when the crystal ball just doesn't work.

You will need a pint of red finger paint (to signify the blood from a virgin piglet), dried sage and some peyote. Carefully take the paint and draw a large circle on the floor with it. Light the sage so it burns (like incense). Devour the meaty portion of one (1) peyote cactus. Sit down inside the circle. Take a deep breath. Relax. The visions will come.

x:D

Make it a great weekend!

Gene
  • Man, I was really getting drawn into this. I was thinking it was some alternative holistic approach to team building. Then I realized it was supposed to be just Gene all by himself. I literally had a momentary picture of a guy in a loin cloth sitting "Indian" style on the floor of our training room...
  • Mind-reading, hand-holding, and nose-wiping are all requirements for working in HR. #-o