Liberal assination, etc.

Let us pray that all of the people who love George Bush and think that he can do no wrong are correct. Oh, that it could be true but Geno I think you are tuned in to the truth. If all supporters of GWB would take the time to study PNAC at newamericancentury.org you might come to the conclusion that our invasion of Iraq was about a three letter word - OIL. If you will study PNAC you will learn who the thinkers were in this tank and you will learn where they are or have been in our Government. You will also learn that the purpose and goals of this organization was for the USA to become an Imperalistic Nation,to demonstrate our might by fighting two wars at the same time, to topple Saddam Hussein, to control Iraq and establish bases there so that the Mid-East oil supply could be stablized, etc.,etc. This is not something new. The PNAC group of Cheney,Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Jeb Bush, Richard Perle, and many more presented this to Clinton in the 90's but thankfully he rejected their proposal. Economically their proposal may have sounded correct to them but they were lied to by the likes of Ahmed Chalabi and other Iraq expatriates and Rumsfeld obviously made military decisions based on these falsehoods. In spite of his Generals recommendations that we needed 300,000 troops to pacify the country he went hell bent for leather with a smaller group which would have been even smaller had not General Franks balked. Then he called for the Iraq army to go home. Is there any wonder where in the hell all of the insurgents came from? It is just not fathomable by me how such intelligent men could be so out of touch with reality and have such little knowledge of human nature. This war was never about WMD, bringing democracy to the region or whatever the talking points may be from day to day. An as far as having a liberal media, forget it. If they were to go after Bush like they went after Clinton then you might have a reason to call them liberal.

Moon

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Liberal assassination: Several have viewed but no one has responded. Is it possible that none of you are familar with the content of the original post. Certainly PNAC is a subject that has not been discussed on FOX and I only heard it barely mentioned once on CNN. Come on people, what do you know about this subject?

Moon
  • Personally, I can't get riled up about the true reason because that's what I expect....these are really smart guys and I can't blame them for having a vision for the future of the country...that's what smart policy-makers do. Oil also makes perfect sense to me cuz the country runs on oil. I don't think we'd have a war over figs, the other great mid-eastern product. What I object to is the underhanded way in which the Bushies fufilled their agenda, and that the diversion of resources is probably why Bin Laden is still free today. More time has now elapsed since 9/11 than the time span from the attack on Pearl Harbor to the surrender of Japan. And I, for one, would like to Bin Laden captured or killed for what he did.
  • Okay, I'll bite...I beat Don & Ray...I checked out the web site and it definitely is not run by a bunch of liberals. By the way, the liberal media bias still stands. The only reason why the media had to go after Clinton (so to speak) was because of the news that was broken out by the "alternative conservative media". Also, the conservative media says it is conservative and doesn't hide it. You will never hear ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, et. al. say they are liberal or even fair & balanced. They will tell you what they want you to hear.

That being said, I will continue to check out the web site.
  • OK, but would you agree that, assuming two divergent viewpoints on the news, that the real truth is not at either extreme but somewhere in the middle? I read two newspapers, one conservative and one liberal. I think the real truth is in the middle.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 08-30-05 AT 11:44AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Okay, I am going to try to rationally respond to the some of the many points that bounce back and forth like a tennis ball in your post. Some I just don't think need a response. It is quite an undertaking, Moon, I ask for your patience.

I have not seen or heard from anyone, on this Forum, in the media, or my own conversations with others, that Bush can do no wrong. As a Bush supporter, I can readily admit that I do not agree with all his policies and decisions. Can't please anyone all of the time, much less everyone. However, I do believe that we are fortunate to have Bush as President of this great country, and believe that he played a large role in unifying the nation during the largest crisis we ever faced. From that point forward, my belief is that he has made decisions, some that I disagree with, with the best intentions for me and my family, as well as you and yours.

Newamericancentury.org does not think for me, they should not think for you. While you may agree with the philosophy presented by this group, you would be ignorant to blindly accept as truth everything they say. They have their own agenda, just as you believe that GWB has his agenda to stabilize oil, be it conservative or liberal. I personally am tired of people saying that we are in the ME for oil - we did not need a reason to go in there. If we wanted it, we could have taken it the first time. If anyone could be accused of having an agenda, it would be the UN and their own self serving interests - this is the group that the left-wing liberals would have us use to formulate our foreign policies. Let a bunch of countries that resent us for our freedoms and lifestyles tell us how they want us to behave. No thanks!

I hate to break this news to you, people lie. They lie to you and me (my son lied to me last night), they lie to the government. Decisions must be made based on the information at hand. We believed there were WMDs, the Brits believed it, the Aussie's believed it, shoot, everyone believed it. I guess the 100,000's of dead Iraqis that dies as lab experiments were paper cutouts. I hope that when the honorable mission of our service men and women is finished in Iraq, that we finish the job of finding the terrorist groups, in the other countries that harbor them. To do so will require resolve from the next administration. I hope they have the nerve to complete the job. If not and the next time we are hit, whose fault will it be? GWB, because it will have to have been planned when he was in office and we did nothing to stop it. Sounds like when Clinton was offered Bin Laden and declined. When he planned the 9/11 attacks on Clinton's watch. Boy the media really gave him what for!

Speaking of Clinton and the way the "liberal media" attacked him, I am having a "moment." I cannot remember the media darling getting slammed by the media. The media attacked Starr, they attacked the Republicans for seeking impeachment because he lied to me and to you. GWB has been a target since day one. Even when the media lied about GWB, as Rather did with his "letter" about GWB's military service that was total nonsense during the election, did they ever try to make it right? They have their own agenda, just like everyone else. We have been the model for the rest of the worls since gaining our independence. We have been the moral compass, we have shown extreme tolerance and compassion. We are the country where everyone else wished they could be (except for the French and they just don't know any better). All this in spite of the conspiracy and agendas that the minority want us to believe is slowly tearing us apart. I for one, don't subscribe to it.

Read the letters that have been posted recently in this section and get the story of what is happening in the ME from those that are there, not those with impressive degress that have not seen the conditions. Listen to the service men and women returning from overseas that talk about winning the war of opinion, changing the peoples' view of America. Oh wait, you don't see that on TV. Search on line and view pictures of the town in TX that came to a halt to honor one of their fallen sons by lining the street carrying flags on the route to the cemetary. Take a good look at what the majority sees. I want the troops to come home. I do not want to lose another life. I question how long is too long, but I believe we have to take the torch to those that long for change. Our soldiers believe that, our President believes that.

Whenever I start to feel blue, I start breathing again!
  • Apparently, not much. I went to the site when you mentioned it in another thread, but haven't gone back to study the material. I would prefer that the government would address the issue through developing the technology, already existing, to use alternative fuels. I think that hasn't happened because industry (primarily oil and automotive) prefer the status quo and probably will until the last drop of oil is gone. Assuming that PNAC reflects the underlying motives, we are in for one heck of a ride in the next few years - we are just at the beginning.
  • Gillian, status quo exists also because of consumers prefering Chrysler hemis, superchargers and turbochargers. The automotive industry gives us what we want.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 08-30-05 AT 12:13PM (CST)[/font][br][br]I wasn't sure who you were talking about, Moon. I really haven't seen anyone on here who loves Bush and thinks he does no wrong. Certainly not me. What many of us do support are the principles of conservatism. And many of Bush's ideas do fit into my worldview. But, not all. For example, he has developed a fiscal reputation akin to a tax and spend liberal.

Personally, I lean toward pacifism and was very disappointed when we invaded Iraq. But, I find it hard to criticize without knowing all the facts instead of what is printed in the press. But, blogs can be very useful. I don't always agree with Crout politically but I liked his answer above. We expect our leaders to have a vision and oil is probably one of our most critical imports. And will be until we find reasonable alternatives. But, I always thought Bush II invaded Iraq to retaliate for what happened to his dad, Bush I.

And MSM, though with pockets of conservatives, are mostly liberal. Sometimes tenaciously so - just look at what happened to Dan Rather.

edit:
    I read HRinFL's post above after posting myself. I applaud his post.